Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Crazy campground rule

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
We went camping with friends this weekend. My friend and I went Friday morning with the kids and our husbands came in the evening. There were 11 of us so we need 2 campsites. So we pull in with the 9 of us and are informed we can only have 1 spot because we only have 1 vehicle and taking 2 spots would be making a reservation. He says next time we will have to drive 2 vehicles and have our husbands bring a 3rd so we can have 2 spots.
Seriously? Why should we bring another vehicle for no reason but so it can be there? I think next time we will just all ride together and get a regular site and a hiker/biker site. This time he let us all stay at 1 spot together but he says it won't happen again.
What a crazy rule.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2017 at 12:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AnotherKim
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 12:23 AM

Did you pay for two spots? If you did, then it shouldn't matter if you have two cars. You paid, you get the spot.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 12:24 AM
We planned to. We weren't allowed 2 spots

Quoting AnotherKim:

Did you pay for two spots? If you did, then it shouldn't matter if you have two cars. You paid, you get the spot.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 12:25 AM
1 mom liked this
They dont take reservations? Then its first come first served and no saving spots. I get it.
Peaceful.chaos
by Emerald Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 12:25 AM
Did you reserve and prepay? If not, I think it's a good rule not being allowed to save spots or use 2 spots if you only paid for one for that night.
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 12:25 AM

It's like that here if you don't make a reservation ahead of time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 12:26 AM
1 mom liked this
That is weird. We went to a campground where there were only two tents allowed at one site so Dh and I went to a different site two spaces down and kids stayed with uncle and grandparents (their choice) but we cooked and spent time at one. Other was just a tent. I would have found a different campground. Spent money elsewhere.
Peaceful.chaos
by Emerald Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 12:27 AM
1 mom liked this
You were going to pay for 2 spots from day one? Yeah, that's a stupid rule and if want to pay for 2 spots, you should get 2 spots regardless of how many vehicles you have.

Quoting Anonymous 1: We planned to. We weren't allowed 2 spots

Quoting AnotherKim:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 12:29 AM
No saving spots however I was there with my kids for a spot and she was there with her kids for a spot. Limit 8 people per spot and we already had 9.

Quoting Anonymous 2: They dont take reservations? Then its first come first served and no saving spots. I get it.
Trixie_dahl
by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 12:30 AM
They probably heard that before then the other party doesn't show and they lose out on potential campers who leave comments blaming the campground. Ive seen and heard the prettiest crap over the years people will find any and everything to complain about especially if they want a discount even if they don't deserve it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 12:31 AM
First come first serve. We planned to pay for 2 spots and even without our husbands had told many people for 1 space.

Quoting Peaceful.chaos: Did you reserve and prepay? If not, I think it's a good rule not being allowed to save spots or use 2 spots if you only paid for one for that night.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)