Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moving Day

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1 Replies
Have you ever moved, particularly long distance? Our family is moving this weekend and we are less than excited. How did you survive?, How did you not pack every little thing? How did you decide what to keep and what to get rid of? If you bought your house since the height of the market, and were underwater, what did you do about your home? Just curious. Obviously, we are pretty far into this at this point.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2017 at 12:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
HaloSue
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:10 AM
It wasn't hard when we had one child. And I did most of the packing. After baby two I had helpers.
Then after each child we had more help and moved quite a few times. So many I lost count.
The hardest is when you've had several houses in different states that is a lot harder.
I'm closing this house permanently by next year. It will take about a year to sell items and decide what I want to keep, then have Packers do all the packing.
Over 47 years you collect way to much. A entire lifetime of belongings. We've already started working on it. It's difficult to decide what to keep. It's time to lighten up once you retire!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)