Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you really think this relationship was in trouble?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
In public, they don't really show much affection. They hold hold hands at times and hug/kiss as a greeting or goodbye. But nothing else.

They don't say "I love you", or really even acknowledge being a couple.

They've only been exclusive for about 3 months and only a few people even know they're in a relationship.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:33 AM
It's only 3 months. I think it's still fun and games at that point.
strangeyfine
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:35 AM
No. They haven't been together all that long. Sounds like they are taking it slowly. Also, just because they don't have much PDA means nada. Everyone has a different preference. Shoot, my DH and I had been together 8 months, living together for 2 months before we actually said "I love you."
tsatske2
by Latricia on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:35 AM

I don't know that I'm ready to tell someone 'I love you' after only 3 months. to me love is a commitment, it takes longer than 3 months for me to decide on that. I would just think they are private people who aren't into PDAs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:36 AM
I've actually heard one of the few people who know say they don't stand a chance because "this early on they should be all over each other.

Quoting Anonymous 2: It's only 3 months. I think it's still fun and games at that point.
Princess_s21
by Sarah on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:37 AM
There are plenty of couples that aren't overly affectionate in public, what does that have to do with the state of their relationship? They have been exclusive for 3 mths! 12 weeks! Why do they need to say I love you??? Especially in front of others? Why are you looking for outward signs from them on their relationship? I don't get it, or are you the couple in question?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:38 AM
In public?
Sorry excessive PDA s gross.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I've actually heard one of the few people who know say they don't stand a chance because "this early on they should be all over each other.

Quoting Anonymous 2: It's only 3 months. I think it's still fun and games at that point.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:38 AM
They've known each other since she was born, so nearly 30 years and they have always been very close.

If you know them well you can see how they really feel. Those of us close to them have been wondering if they would figure it out for the last 13 years lol.

Quoting strangeyfine: No. They haven't been together all that long. Sounds like they are taking it slowly. Also, just because they don't have much PDA means nada. Everyone has a different preference. Shoot, my DH and I had been together 8 months, living together for 2 months before we actually said "I love you."
Iswhatitis44
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:40 AM
No the relationships not necessarily in trouble. Just sounds like two people are actually wise enough not to go boasting about how in love they are come to find out later they break up.. so, I actually applaud the behavior this early on.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:41 AM
They're not there yet. The emotion is, they've always been super close, and I can see it. Heck I've been seeing it for 13 years. But they've both been hurt horribly in the past. Plus they're both intensely private people.

Quoting tsatske2:

I don't know that I'm ready to tell someone 'I love you' after only 3 months. to me love is a commitment, it takes longer than 3 months for me to decide on that. I would just think they are private people who aren't into PDAs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:44 AM
I'm her best friend. I've known them both since she and I were babies. It was just something that has been said to me more than once.

I've seen it for 13 years. They've been head over heels for each other since we turned 18. They just never acted on it. They're both private people and aren't big on outward displays. The emotion is there and they're fine. This is the happiest I've seen them in years. They just show it in ways different than others.

Quoting Princess_s21: There are plenty of couples that aren't overly affectionate in public, what does that have to do with the state of their relationship? They have been exclusive for 3 mths! 12 weeks! Why do they need to say I love you??? Especially in front of others? Why are you looking for outward signs from them on their relationship? I don't get it, or are you the couple in question?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)