Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A love/hate relationship

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:34 AM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this
I have a love/hate relationship with cooking.

I have ALWAYS loved cooking. Always! But, in the last couple years of my marriage to my xh I didn't. It became a chore. Something I HAD to do and I didn't enjoy it anymore and that was about 8yrs ago.

In February I had to go on medical leave because of my pregnancy. I wasn't at risk but my job is pretty dangerous, my residents are psych patients and they are violent sometimes so it was safer for me as I got farther along. During that time I took over cooking all our meals.

And I love cooking again. I made up a menu, but that's just so I don't have to answer 'whats for dinner' 3+ times a day. Now, the kids and DH already know. Lol. And I love it, which makes me immensely happy.

I made mini chicken pot pies on Friday night and Philly cheese steak stuffed peppers tonight, those were DHs request. And I enjoyed every single minute of it.

The hate part comes from the clean up. Lol. I hate dishes. Lol.

I know this post seems kinda pointless, lol. But, the reason this is a big deal is because my relationship with my xh really messed me up. Mostly him. He did. I am not the same person, by a long shot, that I was when me and him met. He changed me. He slowly broke me down until I had no self worth at all.

He stole many things from me and this is a small thing to get back, but I did. I am slowly getting back to where I was. To myself. To me. The real me.

by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:37 AM

Congrats to you, and luckily for your family you got your cooking groove back.

AustinRonMommy
by Nickhole on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:39 AM
I have always cooked for them, my DH then the cooking when I worked though. I just didn't enjoy it at all.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

EvasMommy326
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:43 AM
Do you live in NJ? I need someone to cook for me and dd.. lol. I hate it!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:45 AM

Quoting AustinRonMommy: I have always cooked for them, my DH then the cooking when I worked though. I just didn't enjoy it at all.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Ohh gotcha. I thought you just meant the last few years married to your ex were like that as well.

BUT I also know, when you like cooking more, you're more willing to bring out better/more exciting recipes to try and make, so I'm sure they're still reaping the benefits.

PS Point me in the direction of those philly stuffed peppers.

AustinRonMommy
by Nickhole on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:50 AM
No, sorry. Missouri here.

Quoting EvasMommy326: Do you live in NJ? I need someone to cook for me and dd.. lol. I hate it!
AustinRonMommy
by Nickhole on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:55 AM
It was like that with him as well. But you're right, I am trying more stuff. The peppers are new. And I make cheddar brocolli soup not that long ago.

For some reason my phone is no longer letting me load the site where I got the recipe.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting AustinRonMommy: I have always cooked for them, my DH then the cooking when I worked though. I just didn't enjoy it at all.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Ohh gotcha. I thought you just meant the last few years married to your ex were like that as well.

BUT I also know, when you like cooking more, you're more willing to bring out better/more exciting recipes to try and make, so I'm sure they're still reaping the benefits.

AustinRonMommy
by Nickhole on Jun. 19, 2017 at 2:01 AM
It won't load for some reason. But the site I found it on was anaffairfromtheheart.com

I saw the link on fb and those are my dhs two favorite foods.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 2:04 AM

Quoting AustinRonMommy: It won't load for some reason. But the site I found it on was anaffairfromtheheart.com I saw the link on fb and those are my dhs two favorite foods.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Thanks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)