Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My former DSS just asked me to pick him up from his dads

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
So Saturday while enjoying family time with my ex FIL, ex DSS, and DS my ex husband of 2 months showed up with his girlfriend of 1 year. He apparently showed up to take DSS to his place for awhile. Did he talk to anyone before showing up about this? Of course not. I talked to DSS' mother after and let her know he showed up to pick DSS up, also told her if he wanted I would pick him up as I live closer to ex and she has other kids and works.

So just after midnight he texted me asking to pick him up. I do have a few things that can't be moved around and told him I would do my best to pick him up after my errands today, if not I'll pick him up tomorrow. However if I pick him up tomorrow he is stuck with me till Wednesday as Wednesday I have a doctors appointment 100 miles in the wrong direction. I told him I would return him after if it came to it.

So ex lives 100 miles East of me, exFIL is 50 miles east of that and DSS' mom another 60 miles east.

DSS wants me to drive 300 miles round trip to pick him up and take him back to his grandfathers. I just drove 150 miles home and have only been home a few hours.

I love this kid but I hate driving
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EvasMommy326
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 2:01 AM
1 mom liked this
But you volunteered yourself, so now you gotta do the 300 mile trip.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 2:07 AM
He has only been there for 24 hours. I was expecting more time lol. I will be so glad when that kid is old enough to drive. Also idk if he even informed his dad he is leaving. My biggest fear is his dad trying to stop me from taking him. Something which legaally he can't do (as he isn't supposed to have him). I will definitely be letting his mom know before I head out there

Calling his mom, or grandfather didn't even occur to him.

Quoting EvasMommy326: But you volunteered yourself, so now you gotta do the 300 mile trip.
Trixie_dahl
by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 2:10 AM
I would do it lol just to stick it to my ex
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 2:23 AM
That hasn't even crossed my mind. Also, this was ex's weekend with my DS, when he showed up to pick up DSS do you think he wanted the younger one? Nope. So my poor son had to watch his dad take his brother but not him.

I'm honestly hoping ex tries to call the cops on me for picking up DSS. EX is only allowed supervised visitation with DSS and his mom would totally back me up.

Quoting Trixie_dahl: I would do it lol just to stick it to my ex
WickedOpal
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 2:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't have let him take DSS to begin with.  You could get into trouble for that.  I'm not going to get into trouble for anyone, let alone an EX.  Sorry, but nope.  I'm a nurse and I am not doing anything that could lose my license.

Quoting Anonymous 1: That hasn't even crossed my mind. Also, this was ex's weekend with my DS, when he showed up to pick up DSS do you think he wanted the younger one? Nope. So my poor son had to watch his dad take his brother but not him. I'm honestly hoping ex tries to call the cops on me for picking up DSS. EX is only allowed supervised visitation with DSS and his mom would totally back me up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 2:53 AM
You wouldnt lose your license lol are you a recent grad?

Quoting WickedOpal:

I wouldn't have let him take DSS to begin with.  You could get into trouble for that.  I'm not going to get into trouble for anyone, let alone an EX.  Sorry, but nope.  I'm a nurse and I am not doing anything that could lose my license.

Quoting Anonymous 1: That hasn't even crossed my mind. Also, this was ex's weekend with my DS, when he showed up to pick up DSS do you think he wanted the younger one? Nope. So my poor son had to watch his dad take his brother but not him.

I'm honestly hoping ex tries to call the cops on me for picking up DSS. EX is only allowed supervised visitation with DSS and his mom would totally back me up.

AnotherKim
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 2:57 AM

Why did you offer to pick him up if you were so swamped? Why couldn't his dad take him home?

WickedOpal
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 3:42 AM

If I knowingly allowed a child to go with a parent who is only allowed supervised visitation, then I am culpable of allowing that child to be neglected and/or abused by that parent.  I very well COULD lose my license, if a lawyer twists the situation just right.  I won't be put in that position.  If the parent runs off with the child, I am a mandated reporter, who is required to call the police.  If I did not have knowledge of the situation, that would different, but you intimated that you DID know that he wasn't supposed to be allowed to go.  I've had my license for almost 20 years.  I won't allow ANYONE to put it at risk for any reason.  

Quoting Anonymous 2: You wouldnt lose your license lol are you a recent grad?
Quoting WickedOpal:

Quoting Anonymous 1: That hasn't even crossed my mind. Also, this was ex's weekend with my DS, when he showed up to pick up DSS do you think he wanted the younger one? Nope. So my poor son had to watch his dad take his brother but not him. I'm honestly hoping ex tries to call the cops on me for picking up DSS. EX is only allowed supervised visitation with DSS and his mom would totally back me up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:51 AM
He has been doing this for years, we can't stop him and they won't serve him. I can't do anything but let his mom know when it happens. I'm also guilty of this to, but at the time I had no idea he wasn't supposed to have visits.

Quoting WickedOpal:

If I knowingly allowed a child to go with a parent who is only allowed supervised visitation, then I am culpable of allowing that child to be neglected and/or abused by that parent.  I very well COULD lose my license, if a lawyer twists the situation just right.  I won't be put in that position.  If the parent runs off with the child, I am a mandated reporter, who is required to call the police.  If I did not have knowledge of the situation, that would different, but you intimated that you DID know that he wasn't supposed to be allowed to go.  I've had my license for almost 20 years.  I won't allow ANYONE to put it at risk for any reason.  

Quoting Anonymous 2: You wouldnt lose your license lol are you a recent grad?

Quoting WickedOpal:

Quoting Anonymous 1: That hasn't even crossed my mind. Also, this was ex's weekend with my DS, when he showed up to pick up DSS do you think he wanted the younger one? Nope. So my poor son had to watch his dad take his brother but not him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:54 AM
Because his dad is a POS, who cares nothing about anyone or anything for but himself. A diagnosed narcissist. If anything he would make DSS wait a week till his next day off.

Quoting AnotherKim:

Why did you offer to pick him up if you were so swamped? Why couldn't his dad take him home?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)