Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I didn't tell my DD that yesterday was Father's Day

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this

I don't remember the last time he called her but I do know that she called him a month ago. He was supposed to get her for the summer but bailed on that at the last minute and didn't bother explaining to her why and he hasn't called her since bailing so she thought that I didn't want her to go visit him. He does the absolute bare minimum and I am not going to force a relationship between them. If she wants to call him, I won't stop her but I'm not going to make her call him on Father's Day when he's doing fulling his fatherly obligations. I don't care how he feels about it, neither. I hope his feelings are hurt because her's were when I had to tell her that she couldn't go spend the summer with her dad. 

Today was just a normal, rainy day for us.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2017 at 2:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 2:33 AM
She's young I take it to not know on her own it's Father's Day. From what you have mentioned I wouldn't go out of my way either.
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Jun. 19, 2017 at 2:33 AM
How old is she?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 3:28 AM

Yeah, she's young. I just don't think it's fair to her to give him praise for something that he doesn't do. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: She's young I take it to not know on her own it's Father's Day. From what you have mentioned I wouldn't go out of my way either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 3:39 AM
Especially seeing he keeps letting her down.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Yeah, she's young. I just don't think it's fair to her to give him praise for something that he doesn't do. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: She's young I take it to not know on her own it's Father's Day. From what you have mentioned I wouldn't go out of my way either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 3:41 AM

Again and again.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Especially seeing he keeps letting her down.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)