Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't be the only one...shout out to...

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 2:37 AM
  • 18 Replies
3 moms liked this
Women with a respectful SO or husband.

I read posts all the time on this site with some horrible SOs.

I mean, no SO is perfect I'm sure...I get that.

But who are all of these women who put up with the bs these men dish out?

It's always clear in their personality too that these women are too afraid of being what...left by some garbage husband or SO to ask for respect? To require it?

A lot of women I see on here need to put their foot down and remember that they're an equal voice in the relationship and not let him berate, deny, or come up with bs excuses as to why he accidentally can't behave like he respects, values, and loves you.

Just...shout out to all my ladies who have man who respects you and shows commitment to what you two have together. 🙌🏻
by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 2:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 2:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Some of it's trolling, some of it's venting.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 2:39 AM
My SO and I are very respectful of each other.
bascha
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 2:42 AM
DH is generally very respectful of me. And chivalrous. :) He's one of the only men I know who opens the car door for me and all that other super adorable stuff.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 2:46 AM
I think some just need to vent. Nobody has a perfect man and the ones who get on here and act like they do make me think they have one of the worst.
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Jun. 19, 2017 at 2:47 AM
Yep. I am truly blessed.

It's amazing what some women put up with,though.
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 2:51 AM

I have a wonderful husband who treats me as the equal I am.

Is he perfect?  No, no one is - neither am I.  But he cares about me, about his kids.  He works hard.  He picks up after himself.  He's fun to be with.  We have many things in common - and we're polar opposites on a few, but we've worked those out.

We are not the same people we were 28 years ago when we married.  We've both changed - for the better.

Summerlion1123
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 2:53 AM
Perfect he definitely is not, but awesome he still is.
BrighteyedAsh
by Ashley on Jun. 19, 2017 at 3:07 AM
I mean I get it. Don't get me wrong, SO is not picture perfect, and I know no one's SO is. I have plenty of women family and friends with good men and they are still...you know...men. They do things that aren't always quite clear to us, much the same as we also do things that boggle their minds. I see vents often where I can see the error on both ends but equally often I hear scenarios painted where it's very clear that the woman feels she can't say too much before he shuts he down altogether.

SO is as stubborn as any good headstrong man but he knows if his Missus has a problem she's bringing to him, it's a problem he needs to help find a resolution for. It helps that I don't cry wolf.

Some of the men I'm referring to though are clearly comfortable with taking their women for granted and intentionally leave them to be insecure of their place or what say they have in THEIR relationship. The women are to focused on having the guy and not focused on having a good life or a happy mutual relationship.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I think some just need to vent. Nobody has a perfect man and the ones who get on here and act like they do make me think they have one of the worst.
BrighteyedAsh
by Ashley on Jun. 19, 2017 at 3:17 AM
SO and I were just talking about that 'weave' that occurs in life and love. How it's important to fall in love with the person underneath and take everything that comes with that so that as life and the details change...the core never really does. Even when bad habits kick in and we're not doing and being our very best...or we're exhausted with life sometimes...you know, when the going gets tough and nothing makes sense anymore...and you come out somehow a different person...somewhere in there you're still in there. And that's the person you keep loving.

No, no one is perfect. Love always involves two imperfect people with their own differences..but it involves treating each other usually with-love.

Quoting Not_A_Native:

I have a wonderful husband who treats me as the equal I am.

Is he perfect?  No, no one is - neither am I.  But he cares about me, about his kids.  He works hard.  He picks up after himself.  He's fun to be with.  We have many things in common - and we're polar opposites on a few, but we've worked those out.

We are not the same people we were 28 years ago when we married.  We've both changed - for the better.

BrighteyedAsh
by Ashley on Jun. 19, 2017 at 3:19 AM
You aren't lyin girl. It is appalling. I know I have too but that's why I went on to make those men my exes.

I'm glad I have a man worth holding on to to have as my partner.

Quoting KendallsMommee: Yep. I am truly blessed.

It's amazing what some women put up with,though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)