Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

About to lose my mind.

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 3:51 AM
  • 6 Replies

My husband lost his job soon after Christmas. Right away we got his papers together and he started applying for jobs. I did as well. I got a job as a grocery delivery person and he was able to get a small part time at the nearby shooting range where he's worked before. We are just barely making it each month. He has been applying everywhere he can. We just can't seem to get a break. I feel like I'm losing my mind. 

by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 3:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Bibbidibobidibo
by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 3:55 AM
So...is it gone??

ETA Sorry for my first comment, the content area was blank.

It sucks that you're going through all that, hope it turns around soon.
Cloudfairy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 3:56 AM

Sorry my device decided to post but erase everything 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:06 AM

Has your husband talked to anyone at the local Unemployment office. He might be able to file for under-employment.  When my dh lost his job, because they closed his job-site, he was told that even if he found a job he might be qualified for underemployment. He had to be making significantly less.  Never hurts to ask the question.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:12 AM
I'm so sorry! Hold onto hope! Has he thought about going back to school? My Dad, 49, lost his job a few weeks ago. He's going to be going back to work this week. But it can happen to anyone. My mom was freaking out and they were both just upset. My mom has been a homemaker again for the last few years, she's even going back to work now too. Hang in there. I hope life starts looking up for you guys!
Cloudfairy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2017 at 3:21 AM
Yes we tried unemployment but he would have to make less than $400 a month to get it. They will only give him that much each month and it's really not enough.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Has your husband talked to anyone at the local Unemployment office. He might be able to file for under-employment.  When my dh lost his job, because they closed his job-site, he was told that even if he found a job he might be qualified for underemployment. He had to be making significantly less.  Never hurts to ask the question.

Cloudfairy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2017 at 3:24 AM
Thanks. I hate to say it but he had a decent job before, he left it to go back to school. He felt it was his best career choice and I backed him on it even though I was skeptical. Back then my mom and uncle were alive so we had help.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'm so sorry! Hold onto hope! Has he thought about going back to school? My Dad, 49, lost his job a few weeks ago. He's going to be going back to work this week. But it can happen to anyone. My mom was freaking out and they were both just upset. My mom has been a homemaker again for the last few years, she's even going back to work now too. Hang in there. I hope life starts looking up for you guys!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)