Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My bio Dad

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
Contacted my brother wanting my number to talk. I haven't seen this man since I was probably 12. He had his visitation revoked. He would've had to pay his child support, go to parenting and anger management classes. They gave him hoops to jump through to earn it back, but he just never did. My step dad whom I refer to as Dad has been there for me and my siblings way more than our bio ever was. He never paid his child support, our step dad shouldered the bills for things we needed. He's the one that taught me how to ride a bike, drive a car, he's the one I had to spill to when I found out I was pregnant. Not even my mother was there. I'll be 29 this summer and now here he is wanting to talk to me? Why? I feel like if I do it's betraying my "Dad" and everything he's done for me. I don't really need closure, I don't feel like I need anything from him. I don't really have much respect for a person like him. He abused my mom. I just don't even know what I'd say. I don't want an apology after all these years, I don't want anything. It makes me feel weird. Idk why my brother is even talking to him. He was always the black sheep though. He even tried to invite our bio dad who just happened to be in our home state at the time, to our sisters wedding!! My sister was furious having to worry about if he'd try to show up unannounced.
I got texts from my brother tonight saying that **** really wants to talk to you, here's his number, I wasn't comfortable giving yours out without asking. I hope he didn't give him my number. But now this is going to bother me whether or not I'm doing the right thing. I am thinking about deleting those texts from brother so I don't have to look at them again. It's 4am. I just woke up in the middle of my night to this.

What do you think?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:09 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:09 AM
Maybe he was just trying to feel warm and fuzzy because it was Father's day?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 3:35 PM
Anyone?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:13 PM
I havent had contact with my bio-dad in over 20 years. If he wanted to talk to me, I'd pass. I don't invite drama into my life and that's what he'd be. I don't need him and I don't care if he wants anything from me.
illneverbeold
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:16 PM

I would tell him that I already have a Dad.

lacyd75_anew
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:23 PM
I can't call it. To take a guess on what I'd do...talk to him and decide from there if I want anything to further​ do with him or not. I mean people are capable of change. It's not betraying your step dad. You know where heart lies with him and I'm sure your step dad knows that as well. I know that I often wonder if it will be hard on my dh when my DD starts visits with her bio dad. She is 12 and her bio has always been absent more or less. Her stepdad is the dad she really knows.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)