Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husband is abusing the snooze button

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
Every morning guys, every freakin morning

My husband has to leave for work by 5 AM, so he sets his alarm for 3:30
Then he hits snooze 1000 times. Seriously, the alarm is going off every 3 minutes between 3:30-4:30am

Most days what actually wakes him up is me getting up and hitting him with pillows because I can't sleep through it

It's driving me insane. I'm pregnant and I need more sleep. I've tried sleeping in the living room and I can still hear his alarm. It wakes me up ACROSS THE HOUSE but he sleeps through it next to his head

HOW?! How do you sleep through that?! It's been going on for a while and it's driving me crazy

I might kill him ....
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2017 at 6:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 6:30 AM
Just be thankful he actually hits the snooze button. Dh will just sleep through the alarm going off for minutes! It's infuriating!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 6:33 AM

Get a battery powered alarm set for 10 mins after his initial alarm goes off - and put it across the room from him so he has to get out of bed to shut it off. Once he's out of bed, unless he's a total turd, he should be ready to move on with his day.

Marivilla
by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 6:37 AM
I would unplug his alarm the second time he hit the snooze. Oh well if he sleeps through
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 6:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I can walk across the room, turn off the snooze and go right back to bed

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Get a battery powered alarm set for 10 mins after his initial alarm goes off - and put it across the room from him so he has to get out of bed to shut it off. Once he's out of bed, unless he's a total turd, he should be ready to move on with his day.

STVUstudent
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 6:42 AM

Since the alarm is waking you up anyway, get up, drag his ass out of bed the first time it goes off, then go back to bed.  Have him figure out exactly what time he needs to get up to get out of bed and get ready for work on time, and set the alarm for THAT.  Snooze is a mind trick anyway, because its not like he is getting any kind of rest once it starts going off.

BCauseImAwesome
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 6:45 AM
I'm a snoozer. I never let it go off more than 4 times tho. It doesn't need to be loud enough to wake you. Send him to bed earlier.
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 6:45 AM
2 moms liked this

get a tazer and zap him the 1st time it goes off. ;)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 6:50 AM
Oh I've tried. I tried waking him up the first time it goes off.
He gets weird the crabby about it. It's like a whole different person when he's waking up

Quoting STVUstudent:

Since the alarm is waking you up anyway, get up, drag his ass out of bed the first time it goes off, then go back to bed.  Have him figure out exactly what time he needs to get up to get out of bed and get ready for work on time, and set the alarm for THAT.  Snooze is a mind trick anyway, because its not like he is getting any kind of rest once it starts going off.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:08 AM
Dh does that. I am a very light sleeper and it annoys the hell out of because I cannot get back to sleep. I sleep poorly as is most nights. If he has to leave by 5:30 he sets it for 4:00. He can sleep through a marching band coming through the room. I shove him in the side every time it goes off. A few times he has turned it off and been a little late. Annoys the hell out me because I was then woken up for nothing, fell back asleep and usually it is me that wakes up 20 min before he starts work so I was woke up again. Lucky we live 5 min from his job.
Maime13
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:16 AM
2 moms liked this

Have you just told him point blank, "You are being rude. I do not need to be awake at the time you do and you are waking me up. That's not cool. Please stop or sleep on the couch."

You aren't his Mother. It's not your job to poke him, or make sure he wakes up. He's an adult who should be able to get up on his own when the alarm goes off. 

My DH slowly develped a multi-alarm habit and I told him pretty much the above. I said, I am no longer poking you awake (he'd fall right back to sleep) and I am turning the alarm off after it goes off one time. I told him that my ideal was for him have his stuff ready and when the alarm goes off to roll out of bed and leave the room as silently as possible (when he finally did get up, he'd rummage around the room for his stuff). When I stated plainly what he was doing and how it was impacting me, he "got it".  He's not perfect, but he has come a long way in making the effort to be resonsible for himself (and yes, he had times where he didn't get up when he was supposed to and was late) and being considerate of me.

It's really about courtesy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)