Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't believe they drove...

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 6:41 AM
  • 10 Replies

5 houses away.

SIL & BIL live 5 houses away. BIL was in socks, no shoes, so I'm guessing they didn't come from elsewhere. 

by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 6:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 6:43 AM

to each their own

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 6:50 AM
My MIL and BIL's family live about 100 yards from each other on the same property. Now you do have to go down a slight hill and come back up and it's a gravel drive between the two and with my MIL's knees these days I understand her driving over however she walks over much more than BIL's family. I don't remember the last time I saw any of them walk over. I've seen them have someone move their car so they can get their vehicle out to drive over on a 65 degree sunny day. DH and I just took off walking and we were over there before they had the car backed out.
Verrine
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 6:55 AM

That's about the distance. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: My MIL and BIL's family live about 100 yards from each other on the same property. Now you do have to go down a slight hill and come back up and it's a gravel drive between the two and with my MIL's knees these days I understand her driving over however she walks over much more than BIL's family. I don't remember the last time I saw any of them walk over. I've seen them have someone move their car so they can get their vehicle out to drive over on a 65 degree sunny day. DH and I just took off walking and we were over there before they had the car backed out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 6:59 AM
Are there sidewalks?
Where they bringing anything with them?
Do they have small children?
Do they have any disabilities what would prevent them from walking?
kristin_ad
by RnR on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:00 AM
The only time I see people walking is when they walk their dogs.
Verrine
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:07 AM

Yes sidewalks. Also quiet street you can walk down the middle.

They did not bring anything. 

6 year old whom they left behind at MILs because they were tired.

SIL complains about several but was walking fine when she got out of the car.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Are there sidewalks? Where they bringing anything with them? Do they have small children? Do they have any disabilities what would prevent them from walking?
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:12 AM

So?? I drive to my BIL's house sometimes and they live a few houses away. I did it a week ago when my oldest dd wanted to take her new kitten over there so they could meet her. It takes about 30 seconds to drive there. I rarely walk over there.. I normally drive. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:13 AM
What are her disablities?

Regardless of anything, I think it's strange not to wear shoes, unless there are injury or health factors. Even then there are options.

Quoting Verrine:

Quoting Anonymous 2: Are there sidewalks?
Where they bringing anything with them?
Do they have small children?
Do they have any disabilities what would prevent them from walking?
Verrine
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:30 AM

Arthritis (which would make the driving understandable), migraines, vision problem that makes her unable to drive. There are others but those are the big ones.

Quoting Anonymous 2: What are her disablities? Regardless of anything, I think it's strange not to wear shoes, unless there are injury or health factors. Even then there are options.
Quoting Verrine:

Quoting Anonymous 2: Are there sidewalks? Where they bringing anything with them? Do they have small children? Do they have any disabilities what would prevent them from walking?
VegetaPrincess
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:42 AM

I don't see the big deal. I grew up just a few houses down from my grandparents. There were times I walked over and times I drove over. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)