Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miserable camping weekend

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies
1 mom liked this
I said I'd try because he loves tent camping. Never the fuck again. Mosquitoes found ways to bite under my rings because that's the only place the bug spray missed. It was hot, there were gnats, I was bored, it was horrible. I tried because he loves it. I knew I would hate it and I did. I'm an indoor person. I have no appreciation for nature
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2017 at 6:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 6:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Not my thing either. Dirt, bugs , more dirt . Bring me to a hotel with a pool . I love nature, being outdoors. I love nothing more than being at the beach. But camping no . I dont need nature when I sleep. I need  A/C , nice firm matress , feather pillows and 600 or more count sheets . ;)

Jblb
by Emerald Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 6:52 AM
At least you went. The bugs make me crazy sometimes, but I love camping with my family.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 6:54 AM
Never again one of the worst experiences ever

Quoting Jblb: At least you went. The bugs make me crazy sometimes, but I love camping with my family.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:02 AM
Camping really really REALLY isn't my thing either.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:03 AM
I don't like nature at all I might feel differently at a beach but I don't know

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Not my thing either. Dirt, bugs , more dirt . Bring me to a hotel with a pool . I love nature, being outdoors. I love nothing more than being at the beach. But camping no . I dont need nature when I sleep. I need  A/C , nice firm matress , feather pillows and 600 or more count sheets . ;)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:22 AM
Never never never again it was every horrible thing I expected

Quoting Danesmommy1: Camping really really REALLY isn't my thing either.
PJMM
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:29 AM
This is a lousy time of year especially in Florida. Fall and early spring is best. I've done my share as a cub scout mom. I don't mind it but I'd just as soon not either. Also where you go is important. There are beautiful springs to swim in here in the Ocala national forest. I like doing all that. But once we did somewhere in Sarasota. It was swampy, no swimming, i was a kid and bored. If you don't like the activities forget it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:42 AM
1 mom liked this
You made up your mind before you left that'd you'd hate it, so you did. Be more positive and you'll have a better time!
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:52 AM

Dh already knows I hate camping. He wants to take the girls. I told him to have at it.. I'm not camping unless it means there is a hotel involved. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:57 AM
You just were not prepared. Bugs...citronella candels and tiki torches keep them away.
As far as boredom..hiking swimming fishing cards board games story telling sitting by the fire and talking.
Uncomfortable in the tent? Get an air matress. Keep the tent cover off during the day and depending on night time temps during the night to....natural ac.
Also It could be where you camped. Was it the woods or a camp ground? You can meet some interesting folks at camp grounds and strike up friendships.
Maybe if you try it again you'll like it. But hey at least you tried right?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)