Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Band-aid addiction

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

Did anyone else's kids have a band-aid addiction?

DD has just turned 3 , and has discovered band-aids which has learned to a bit of an obssession. She wants one every time she barely bangs her arm, leg, etc. At first, I gave them liberally. Then it started getting ridiculous. So now, I have only been giving them if there is blood or a scrape. 

Am I being mean? cheap? a scrooge????? Just let it go and give her as many as she wants? They aren't that expensive but I don't want her thinking she can have anything she asks for.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I stopped buying the character band aids and switched to the plain ones. Even now, my oldest is 9 and would ask for one for a teeny tiny cut. So I just have the boring ones.
It worked!😂😂
anchorturtle
by silly rabbit on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:44 AM
I don't think you're being mean, but let her have a little fun. Either way you're not in the wrong.
Learnedfrommist
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:47 AM
My son is the same way!
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:49 AM
Yes my oldest. He needed a bandaid for Everything! Headaches ( not sure he even knew what they were at 3 ) tummy aches , cuts , scrapes and bruises. He Loved them ! It only lasted a year or so. I used to stock up on them. Hide some for real emergencies.
celestegood
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:49 AM

So far, all four of my kids have gone through this.  And this is how I dealt with it!  I buy the plain cheap fabric band-aids, and when they want one, it's not a big deal.

I give them all they want.  After all, when you get them thirty or forty for a dollar, it's not horribly expensive to indulge them.

Quoting iamcafemom83: I stopped buying the character band aids and switched to the plain ones. Even now, my oldest is 9 and would ask for one for a teeny tiny cut. So I just have the boring ones. It worked!😂😂

erin708
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:13 AM
Yes o think every kid goes through tbat at some point. Just go to the dollar store and get the cheap ones. That wasn't a battle I chose to fight.
JTE11
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:17 AM
Dd would want one for every little bump as well but I tell her they are only for when the skin is broken so much. I check her 'boo-boos' and letvhet know if one is needed or not each time. There's no reason to be wasting band-aids, and it's not cheap to say no. If they aren't needed, they aren't needed.
throwing_shade
by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:20 AM

I thought that was every kid?

And yeah, you should teach her what the intended use of a bandaid is and she can't just have one for every little owie. If she likes that they are cute and can stick to her, buy her a packet of stickers.

anaj92
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:22 AM

I think all kids love bandaids on their "boo boos"

Leigh84
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)