Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is your spouse good at grocery shopping?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Does your husband do any grocery shopping? 

Do you dread when he goes as you know he'll bring home twinkies and two cases of beer? Or does he do a good job?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:32 AM
Replies (161-165):
jjessers
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2017 at 3:07 PM
😂🤣
It's the same with me and my husband. I don't have time or patience for that . It's only been an issue when I need something quick for dinner and he's taking forever in the store .

Quoting WemblyFraggle: I give him a list and make him go alone. He's a label reader and likes to figure out price per unit. I don't have time to take 3 hours to shop
Anonymous
by Anonymous 44 on Jun. 20, 2017 at 3:08 PM
No, he is not.
I usually do the shopping and stick to a strict budget.

Two weeks ago I let him shop with me and basically just hung back and let him lead. I still got my list items but if he wanted to put it in the cart, he did.

He spent double our budget.

$400 and this was at Aldi!!
baileymarie723
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2017 at 7:00 PM
I do all of the grocery shopping. The only thing I have him do is stop to pick up milk at the gas station.
Myw1ldcrazylife
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2017 at 8:34 PM

Mine meal plans, so yeah he is good at it.  A power hog where food is concerned, but since he is cooking, I don't argue over what he wants to buy :)

tanishalargo
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2017 at 2:05 AM
He doesn't pay attention to the brands or sizes of items I buy or know is on sale. Like if I say a box of Lucky Charms cereal, he'll probably just buy the large family size when the smaller ones might be cheaper. Or he just doesn't know what brand of sauces or canned items I use for our meals. Unless he's making dinner, he'll know what to buy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)