Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

22 and giving my baby up for adoption

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 132 Replies
I'm 22 and found out too late that I was pregnant. I do not feel like I am in a good place to raise a baby at all and it would ruin my dreams of becoming financially stable. I grew up poor and I've worked my ass off to get where I am but it's not easy and I don't feel like I'm in a place to have a kid.

Bf supports going the adoption route. We haven't told anyone yet. I don't know how I want to go about this. Do I tell people I'm giving him up for adoption? Do I just not say anything about the pregnancy? Do I deny it and just handle our business in private?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:49 AM
Bump
BusyB4thm
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:51 AM
You are going to need a support system. It will be a lot harder than you think. I suggest telling who you need to and explain why and start it off with. "This is what I am doing so please no negative comments or talking me out of it and it's my decision". Good luck.
AbbyWalsh
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:54 AM
2 moms liked this
There's no point trying to keep it a secret, because it won't stay a secret. You're doing the right thing, and you have nothing to be ashamed of. Tell the people who kind of need to know - your family, your best friends, employer.

You don't owe them a detailed explanation about your decision, but put it in positive terms (it IS positive). You'll be making someone else very happy by giving them the baby they want to love. People can and will figure out the rest themselves, if they want to.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:54 AM
Thank you. Who do you think I need to tell? I plan on telling my bff and my boss. I am nervous about telling my family. Asking them to not be negative is like asking them to give me a million bucks. Bf doesn't want to tell his family either because they would strongly be against it.

Quoting BusyB4thm: You are going to need a support system. It will be a lot harder than you think. I suggest telling who you need to and explain why and start it off with. "This is what I am doing so please no negative comments or talking me out of it and it's my decision". Good luck.
momhopeful2016
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:55 AM
Good for you!!! I would research services that help birth moms. Generally you can choose the best family for your baby.
newwifenmom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:55 AM

Best Wishes

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:55 AM
6 moms liked this
I got pregnant and gave my child up for adoption when I was 18

I wanted to finish my first semester in college, so a lot of people knew. Everyone that I spoke with was really supportive and encouraging.

For ME the best option was a no contact 100% custody adoption. It wasn't a tragedy, it was actually a blessing for all involved.
He went to a wonderful couple who had been wanting a family for years. My baby fulfilled their dreams. I was able to fullfill my dreams.

I graduated, traveled, got to be selfish for a few more years, and built a good life for myself. Six years later I started my own family

This is going to be really hard, but it's the best thing you can do. I commend your bravery
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:55 AM
You will regret it for the rest of your life if you do!
jbirdsladie15
by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:56 AM
Good luck. No idea what to say
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:58 AM
I hope my situation turns out like yours! I am hoping to graduate next May. If this happened 5 years down the road I would keep the baby but I've got a LOT to do before I'm ready to commit to a child for the nex 20 years. It would ruin a lot of things for me but I know a baby could complete someone else's family..so I know it's fkr the best

Quoting Anonymous 3: I got pregnant and gave my child up for adoption when I was 18

I wanted to finish my first semester in college, so a lot of people knew. Everyone that I spoke with was really supportive and encouraging.

For ME the best option was a no contact 100% custody adoption. It wasn't a tragedy, it was actually a blessing for all involved.
He went to a wonderful couple who had been wanting a family for years. My baby fulfilled their dreams. I was able to fullfill my dreams.

I graduated, traveled, got to be selfish for a few more years, and built a good life for myself. Six years later I started my own family

This is going to be really hard, but it's the best thing you can do. I commend your bravery
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)