Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stay at home moms

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 65 Replies
I had my first kid at 33, so I'd worked full time for 10 years when I became a SAHM

Personally I enjoy it, but it's only been a few months. I think my favorite part is getting to live in yoga pants/shorts for days at a time. Yesterday I wore a bathing suit pretty much all day. I honestly don't remember the last time I had make up on my face, it's awesome

I plan to go back to work once my child is in kindergarten though, I just don't see this as a lifelong thing for me

I'm curious, stay at home moms, how many here used to work full-time jobs? How long did you work before kids? How are you adjusting?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
g33k
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:05 AM

when I had dd, I took 18months off from my career.  I went back when she was just under 2 and have been working f/t since.  Adjustment was fine (going back to work) and dd was fine as well.

eztwins
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:05 AM
I worked as a paralegal for 7 years bf I had kids. I adjusted fine. I loved having my own schedule and still do. But once they went to school I filled my time with volunteer work and started subbing on occasion also.
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:05 AM

I started staying home when pregnant with my 3rd - I was 37.  I had worked full time from the time I was 18, and had a good career.  Had my first at 25, 2nd at 33, and went right back to work both times.  Staying home became more feasible when I had my 3rd - trying to get 3 kids to 3 different places was just too much logistics along with a full time job.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:07 AM
I stayed home one year after DS was born. I taught FT. Yes, it was nice to have the time I had. It was a good year to relax with my newborn. I've been teaching again, but am currently on summer break with my 7 and 10 year old. I'm still in bed at 9am...❤️❤️It!! Lol
SergeantSausage
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:07 AM
I left my job a couple of months ago but I only worked part time for 4 years, there.
Before that job, I left my full time job I had worked for 12 years and stayed home for 7 months.
I've always worked, even with kids, so being home is definitely an adjustment.
Johnsmom5892
by Hope on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:08 AM
I worked from 16 years old till I was 39. I love being a SAHM and have no plans to go back and she is going into 5th grade in September. I had to work when I raised my son. I missed so much!!
supermama322
by Kaylee on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:10 AM
I worked until the day I went into labour. Called in sick from the delivery bed. Lol. I've been a SAHM for over 10 years and have loved every minute
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:11 AM
I have never worked a full time, "real" job in my life. I am now 37. I have been a sahm since my oldest was born when I was 18. My dh and I will be celebrating 20 years of marriage in December. I will probably never work and I'm perfectly content with that choice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:13 AM

I lasted two years and it made me go crazy (well, crazier, lol). Working keeps me sane. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:14 AM
Oh
Well that sounds wonderful.

Consider maybe going to school online to get a degree or look into vocational training, just in case

Quoting Anonymous 3: I have never worked a full time, "real" job in my life. I am now 37. I have been a sahm since my oldest was born when I was 18. My dh and I will be celebrating 20 years of marriage in December. I will probably never work and I'm perfectly content with that choice.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)