Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My SOs daughter is a constant battle

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies
She's 4 almost 5. It's a constant battle with her over being bossy, throwing a fit when she doesn't get her way, and being sassy. She can be an angel sometimes, then just flips all the sudden. She thinks she can tell us what do most of the time. I have corrected her a lot and done a lot of things with her to improve the behavior. So I know she can be good when she wants to be. Thing is, she gets so pisssed at me and then she cries for me when she has to leave my house. She wants to go everywhere and do everything with me. She wants me to cuddle her and do stuff with her constantly. I don't understand why she loves me so much when she gives me a hard time. I know it's normal for her age but it's just hard sometimes cuz she's not my own kid. Just a vent.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:20 AM

She is 4.....thats normal. Wait until she is in her teens, you will pray for her to be this age again, lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm getting that with my oldest son. He's 12 and he drives me crazy already. I miss him being little. I know when he was 4 he was really bad. Just a different kind of bad.

Quoting Sassy762:

She is 4.....thats normal. Wait until she is in her teens, you will pray for her to be this age again, lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:30 AM
Sounds pretty typical.

Young child fighting for some independence and control but still 4 and needing the comfort.

My oldest was lucky I didn't throw him out a window some days when he was 4. It was BRUTAL but we got thru it. You will too.
MastersonQueen
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:35 AM

Your SO should be handling this. You will never be mom to her and as she ages all this energy and love you've put into her will be demolished and you will be heart broken. If I could go back I would have never over stepped, crossed boundaries or tried to bond. It's better just to support you SO, be kind and respectful but don't try and play a mom role.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:36 AM
Lol

Quoting Anonymous 2: Sounds pretty typical.

Young child fighting for some independence and control but still 4 and needing the comfort.

My oldest was lucky I didn't throw him out a window some days when he was 4. It was BRUTAL but we got thru it. You will too.
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:36 AM

HANG IN THERE.

I had a very difficult few years with my cousin (same age as my daughter) but I hung in there, invested into my relationship with her, and now at nearly 10 years old I find that I love and cherish her as much as my own children.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:37 AM
There's no choice with this. He doesn't step in as much as he should and I can't allow the fits.

Quoting MastersonQueen:

Your SO should be handling this. You will never be mom to her and as she ages all this energy and love you've put into her will be demolished and you will be heart broken. If I could go back I would have never over stepped, crossed boundaries or tried to bond. It's better just to support you SO, be kind and respectful but don't try and play a mom role.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:39 AM
I do love her but this gives me anxiety sometimes.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

HANG IN THERE.

I had a very difficult few years with my cousin (same age as my daughter) but I hung in there, invested into my relationship with her, and now at nearly 10 years old I find that I love and cherish her as much as my own children.

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:40 AM

There were times I wanted to squish her into a little ball and dribble her up and down the hallways she drove me so crazy LOL.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I do love her but this gives me anxiety sometimes.
Quoting OwlNuggets:

Melissa_4
by Navy Mom on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:41 AM

Where is her mother?  How does she handle her?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)