Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why are some step moms jealous

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
I don't know if jealous it the right word..
But why are some step mom jealous or maybe it's why do they hate their so daughter but not sons. I said some because I know there are some that aren't like that.

My step mom hated me but dotted on my brother. I always figured she hated me because I reminded her of my mom. But my brother looked like my dad. My ex's girlfriend hates my Dd well she kinda does act jealous of Dd which is ridiculous but my ex's, son she doesn't treat them that way.

I don't get it. Why act like that toward their daughters
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:37 AM
Bump
MastersonQueen
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:40 AM

You don't know what it is like to be a step parent to your child. All you know is what it is like to parent your own child. I'm sure it isn't jealousy, it's more resentment then anything. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:43 AM
No but my dh is a step parent and he doesn't act like that and why resent a child, it isn't there fault and why only the girls not the boys

Quoting MastersonQueen:

You don't know what it is like to be a step parent to your child. All you know is what it is like to parent your own child. I'm sure it isn't jealousy, it's more resentment then anything. 

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:46 AM

idk I was much too old for any of those feelings to arise but I doubt very much they would have...The woman my dad remarried is an extremely devout Buddhist who is the epitome of "Chill" lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:50 AM
Personally, I struggled to like my SD at first. She looks and acts just like her Mom. She was very clingy to dh. I resented her and she created some insecurities in my relationship with dh. She wanted him to prove to her all the time that she was more important than me. She wanted me to kiss up to her because she could make me go away any time she wanted to. It took a lot of adjustment on both of our parts and a lot of growing before she and I could have any kind of a decent relationship.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:52 AM
I'm very close with my SOs daughter. Which is weird. Because she was daddy's little girl. I thought that I would have a hard time with her but I didn't. Not even when my SO and I had a baby girl. She was so excited to have a sister even though her mom told her that dad would love her less and she wouldn't be the baby girl anymore. Blah blah blah. She never bought into her moms bullshit.

My SOs son did however and he treats me and my oldest son pretty badly. It's gotten better over the years. Now that he is 12 he is seeing through his moms bs too. But him and I have a pretty strained relationship. It's nothing to do with jealousy. And I carry no hate for him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:55 AM
I can't stand one of my sd' s she is malicious and I don't trust her but my husband doesn't see it.
angelheart007
by on Jun. 20, 2017 at 9:45 PM

It takes a pretty loving and accepting heart to raise and love someone else's children.  I admire you're trying to be the peacemaker and get to the heart of the issues.  Many times people are jealous because they fear they are not getting something or something may be trying to take their place or they may be in jeopardy of loosing something, whether real or imagined.  She may not even be aware she's doing it.  Maybe a conversation inquiring as to why there appears to be some issue may reveal what is really going on.  My prayer is for unity in the family and harmony and an opportunity for growth.  Hugs from Texas ;)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 20, 2017 at 9:48 PM
Because bitches be tripping.
MissAndree
by Nosuchthing on Jun. 20, 2017 at 9:56 PM
My sm growing up who abused my younger sister did so because she hated our mother and my little sister looked just like her. She also stood up for herself and let our stepmonster know that she couldn't break her. That really chapped sm's ass.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)