Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't know how to label this TRIGGER WARNING

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
When I was 9 or 10, I had a friend whose house I'd go to for sleepovers. When we'd go to sleep she'd have "dreams about her boyfriend," where she'd slip her hand down my pants and rub me while pretending to be sleeping. Then she'd take my hand and use it to rub herself. I'd try anything to get her to stop. It made me so uncomfortable.

Looking back, I'm thinking she did it because she herself was abused. Now I'm wondering, does this count as molestation? I said no many times and did try to make it stop. However, she was my friend and we were the same age, and I think she was only copying what had been done to her.

I promise I'm not trolling. I've never told anyone this, ever. The only reason I can handle talking about it now is because I'm completely anonymous here.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
This_Lady_KK
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:18 AM

Yes, that is molestation. She was probably abused, as you suspect.

Oliviasmom72
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:20 AM

Well technically I suppose in a legal term she may have molested you BUT honestly some people will call it "experimenting". My female cousin also did some stuff to me (mostly kissing) and honestly I was curious about stuff too so it did not bother me. Maybe it should have?

It is possible she was abused, or possible she was watching adult stuff she couldnt have been and was just curious.

If you talk to her you can always ask her about it and that you hope she is well and ok.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:24 AM
That's what I wondered too, but I definitely didn't want it. I told her no and eventually stopped sleeping over at her house. For some reason, she would only do it at hers.

I wouldn't even know how to go about contacting her now and I don't want to bring up any uncomfortable memories for her. We never talked about it

Quoting Oliviasmom72:

Well technically I suppose in a legal term she may have molested you BUT honestly some people will call it "experimenting". My female cousin also did some stuff to me (mostly kissing) and honestly I was curious about stuff too so it did not bother me. Maybe it should have?

It is possible she was abused, or possible she was watching adult stuff she couldnt have been and was just curious.

If you talk to her you can always ask her about it and that you hope she is well and ok.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:29 AM
My female cousin who was a year older did similar to me. I tarted out weirded out then ended up curious and a willing participant. I don't consider it molestation. I consider it experimentation.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:43 AM
Yeah the difference is that I never was a willing participant.

Quoting Anonymous 2: My female cousin who was a year older did similar to me. I tarted out weirded out then ended up curious and a willing participant. I don't consider it molestation. I consider it experimentation.
Maddogsmommy
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:44 AM

Quoting This_Lady_KK:

Yes, that is molestation. She was probably abused, as you suspect.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:44 AM
That is true. I mean I wasn't at first either but then something happened. I got curious.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yeah the difference is that I never was a willing participant.

Quoting Anonymous 2: My female cousin who was a year older did similar to me. I tarted out weirded out then ended up curious and a willing participant. I don't consider it molestation. I consider it experimentation.
nachobizness
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Doesn't matter if she was being abused. That doesn't diminish what was done to you. I definitely think you were molested and I'm sorry that happened to you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:49 AM
You were molested. She was probably abused.

Given that it was years ago and the offender was also a minor, I suggest talking to a therapist before deciding to look up this girl.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:56 AM
I wouldn't look her up. I don't feel comfortable talking about this in real life.

Quoting Anonymous 3: You were molested. She was probably abused.

Given that it was years ago and the offender was also a minor, I suggest talking to a therapist before deciding to look up this girl.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)