Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teenagers are better than little kids

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 99 Replies
2 moms liked this
I am so much happier and I enjoy my life so much more now that my kids are teenagers. Before I had kids, I had rarely spent much time with babies/small children. I had my kids in quick succession. I loved the baby stage. But once they became toddlers/small kids I was miserable. I didn't enjoy them at all. I hated to be home and worked as many hrs as I could just to avoid being around them. Now that they are teenagers I am closer with them again and we spend a lot more time together. I don't dread going home any more and their friends all hang out here too which is a lot of fun. Life is so much better now.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Traci_Momof2
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:42 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm sort of the same. I didn't mind the baby stage but the toddler stage was awful and even as little kids my stress level was high. They are now 10 and 12 so I haven't hit teen years yet but each year they mature is a year I enjoy them better and feel closer to them. I'm looking forward to the teen years being even better.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:42 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:44 AM
The teen years have been SO much better. We get along. We have fun. I don't have to yell and get mad. They wipe their own butts and feed themselves and don't cry at night lmao. It's so much less stress.

Quoting Traci_Momof2: I'm sort of the same. I didn't mind the baby stage but the toddler stage was awful and even as little kids my stress level was high. They are now 10 and 12 so I haven't hit teen years yet but each year they mature is a year I enjoy them better and feel closer to them. I'm looking forward to the teen years being even better.
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh I will take the baby, toddler stage any day over these god damn puberty years.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't mind puberty as much as I minded toddlers. I don't even find toddlers cute. It was a huge struggle to even like being g around them until they were about 13.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Oh I will take the baby, toddler stage any day over these god damn puberty years.  

Famousglm714
by Gina on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:48 AM

I prefer elderly people to both, lol. I'm not a little kid person at all though. 

Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:49 AM

I enjoy it all. I will miss the day they leave home.

This_Lady_KK
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:50 AM

I love holding other people's babies. I'm not a fan of toddlers or preschoolers, although my kids were always a-freakin-dorable. I also really dislike ill-behaved children and most other people's children in general.

My teenage step kids are mostly a joy. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this
I like elderly people too. Lol. My neighbor is 80 and she is about the coolest person I know. We have coffee on the porch almost every morning. I just love her.

Quoting Famousglm714:

I prefer elderly people to both, lol. I'm not a little kid person at all though. 

fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this

That is so sad to me.   I have kids from 20 to 5.  I wish I could have another 10 babies just because I love those toddler years. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: I don't mind puberty as much as I minded toddlers. I don't even find toddlers cute. It was a huge struggle to even like being g around them until they were about 13.
Quoting fullxbusymom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)