Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teenagers are better than little kids

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I am so much happier and I enjoy my life so much more now that my kids are teenagers. Before I had kids, I had rarely spent much time with babies/small children. I had my kids in quick succession. I loved the baby stage. But once they became toddlers/small kids I was miserable. I didn't enjoy them at all. I hated to be home and worked as many hrs as I could just to avoid being around them. Now that they are teenagers I am closer with them again and we spend a lot more time together. I don't dread going home any more and their friends all hang out here too which is a lot of fun. Life is so much better now.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:35 AM
Replies (91-99):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:55 PM
Uh huh...
happyflappy
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:30 PM
Exactly!

Quoting Anonymous 19:

Then do turn into assholes around that age and until about 20, most of the time, you are the stupidest person they know (not really, but omg the eyerolls).   BUT, they have a sense of humor by that age too and you can crack the asshole routine thru humor, especially dumb and dumber style humor.  They'll still have weird melt downs but no where near a little kid level.  They'll still make you question why you ever had kids, but they are just more fun as teenagers.  And they eventually realize you aren't stupid, you knew what you were talking about & omg it wasn't bad advice after all!    The knowing smirks & mumbled "I told you so" start around age 20 & hell you can do that for the rest of their lives as payback.   LOL

Quoting Anonymous 18:

You ladies are making me worried about my son. He is almost 13, will be in 7th grade in the fall, now I'm wordering if I should run away now? or just wait a few years?

Quoting happyflappy: I refuse to take mine shopping. That's my husband's department. They've always been Daddy's boys rather than Mama's boys so I don't even try. I know my place lol.

Quoting bmw29: Dude, mine was a freaking adorable toddler and super easy to get along with. I had an easier time taking him in public at two than I do now at 16. Haha I've been shoe shopping with him all day today and we still came home shoeless. It's a special circle of hell made just for me.

Quoting happyflappy: Boys get possessed by the devil at the age of twelve and I'm not sure when the demons leave lol. My oldest son is seventeen and my youngest son is fifteen. They are difficult at times but I think it's easier now than the toddler and preschool stage. At least we can do things together now. They like classic rock so we can go to concerts together and my youngest son likes to go to the gym with us.

Quoting bmw29: I much preferred birth to 6. After 6 it was less fun and now my son is 16 and OMFG make it end. LOL Hopefully his sanity will return in another couple of years.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:35 PM

Mine is 23.  I just recently stopped being the stupidest person he knows.  LOL   He's moved out on his own and I'll be damned if all the advice I used to give suddenly makes perfect sense to him! 

You just gotta avoid killing them for being little asshole men until they grow into their balls.   LOL

Quoting happyflappy: Exactly!
Quoting Anonymous 19:

Then do turn into assholes around that age and until about 20, most of the time, you are the stupidest person they know (not really, but omg the eyerolls).   BUT, they have a sense of humor by that age too and you can crack the asshole routine thru humor, especially dumb and dumber style humor.  They'll still have weird melt downs but no where near a little kid level.  They'll still make you question why you ever had kids, but they are just more fun as teenagers.  And they eventually realize you aren't stupid, you knew what you were talking about & omg it wasn't bad advice after all!    The knowing smirks & mumbled "I told you so" start around age 20 & hell you can do that for the rest of their lives as payback.   LOL

Quoting Anonymous 18:

You ladies are making me worried about my son. He is almost 13, will be in 7th grade in the fall, now I'm wordering if I should run away now? or just wait a few years?

Quoting happyflappy: I refuse to take mine shopping. That's my husband's department. They've always been Daddy's boys rather than Mama's boys so I don't even try. I know my place lol.
Quoting bmw29: Dude, mine was a freaking adorable toddler and super easy to get along with. I had an easier time taking him in public at two than I do now at 16. Haha I've been shoe shopping with him all day today and we still came home shoeless. It's a special circle of hell made just for me.
Quoting happyflappy: Boys get possessed by the devil at the age of twelve and I'm not sure when the demons leave lol. My oldest son is seventeen and my youngest son is fifteen. They are difficult at times but I think it's easier now than the toddler and preschool stage. At least we can do things together now. They like classic rock so we can go to concerts together and my youngest son likes to go to the gym with us.
Quoting bmw29: I much preferred birth to 6. After 6 it was less fun and now my son is 16 and OMFG make it end. LOL Hopefully his sanity will return in another couple of years.

happyflappy
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:38 PM
I keep saying that the only reason I am keeping my boys alive is so they can give me grandchildren someday. For the most part, they're good kids but the moodiness and sulking just drives me crazy. I'm sure I was the same way when I was a teenager.

Quoting Anonymous 19:

Mine is 23.  I just recently stopped being the stupidest person he knows.  LOL   He's moved out on his own and I'll be damned if all the advice I used to give suddenly makes perfect sense to him! 

You just gotta avoid killing them for being little asshole men until they grow into their balls.   LOL

Quoting Anonymous 19:

Quoting Anonymous 18:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 21 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:43 PM
I did not enjoy 0-1 year that much. My babies were super high maintenance. My sons are 8 and 2. The 2 year old is adorable but he drives me insane too. There are wonderful days and days I want to drive off a bridge. That's parenting I guess.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:47 PM
I disagree. Teenager are overgrown toddlers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:48 PM

I remember how much shit my brothers gave my mom.   My middle brother was the definition of "problem child" for most of his teenaged years.   I was WAY more prepared for it than ds ever expected.   lol   I had a comeback for all his moody bitching.    He actually went to my problem child brother to get advice on how to get under my skin.   and my damn brother gave him ideas!   LOL 

Quoting happyflappy: I keep saying that the only reason I am keeping my boys alive is so they can give me grandchildren someday. For the most part, they're good kids but the moodiness and sulking just drives me crazy. I'm sure I was the same way when I was a teenager.
Quoting Anonymous 19:

Quoting Anonymous 19:

Quoting Anonymous 18:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 23 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:49 PM
I loved the baby,toddler stage, I loved the cuddles, the late night feedings and the way they explored the world.. I also enjoy the teen years but I miss the baby stage.
OrangeBalloon
by Emerald Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:52 PM
Oh God. I wish I could have kept dd at two years old forever. But she's always been so mellow. She was just super sweet, cute and cuddly as a toddler.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)