Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any travel nurses here?

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 12:54 PM
  • 1 Replies
ICU nurse looking to travel. Can you recommend an agency you have used, and enjoyed working for? Also, are you homeschooling? I have two school aged children. I'm not sure how they'll handle changing public schools every 13 weeks.

I should also add DH is finishing up his online Master's, therefore he's always home with our little ones.
Which might make homeschooling possible.
by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:00 PM

My MIL was a traveling nurse. Once DH turned 16 she gave him the house keys, car keys, a pile of household bills and paid off the mortgage than left. She'd come home every few weeks to pay a bill or 2 but for the most part, DH was on his own. Mind you this was before cell phones and computers. DH made it barely to his senior year where he ended up dropping out, left the house and joined the Navy. MIL tried to sue DH over that as she had gone to Mexico to work for 6 months and had no clue he left.

Honestly, I wouldn't ever be a traveling nurse unless I had no kids or my kids had already moved out of the home.

Quoting RN_Amber: ICU nurse looking to travel. Can you recommend an agency you have used, and enjoyed working for? Also, are you homeschooling? I have two school aged children. I'm not sure how they'll handle changing public schools every 13 weeks. I should also add DH is finishing up his online Master's, therefore he's always home with our little ones. Which might make homeschooling possible.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)