Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ideas for day trips in Ohio/Michigan?

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 12:56 PM
  • 50 Replies
We would like to take the kids on another day trip but not sure where to go.

I do not want to stay the night anywhere. So it needs to be a day trip.

We visited the Air Force Museum last weekend. That was fun.

We don't want to do Cedar Point.

It needs to be within a 2-3 hour drive from Toledo.

We could possibly do something around Fort Wayne Indiana that would require us to stay the night because we have family there to stay with. I just won't stay in a hotel because of the risk of bed bugs.

Ideas? Our kids are 5, 7 and 8.

We have visited Frankenmuth Michigan but it was just us. We didn't take the kids. Aside from Splash Universe not entirely sure how many kid friendly things are there.
by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 12:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EmmasMom0305
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:02 PM
3 moms liked this
Hocking Hills! That was my favorite summer activity growing up.
jd83
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:04 PM
Completely agree. Probably a bit more than a 2-3 hour trip from Toledo, but totally worth it. It's beautiful.
Quoting EmmasMom0305: Hocking Hills! That was my favorite summer activity growing up.
carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:04 PM

Isn't that something you stay the night for though? Again no staying the night anywhere. I refuse because of bed bugs.

Quoting EmmasMom0305: Hocking Hills! That was my favorite summer activity growing up.

mommy_me
by Emerald Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:04 PM
Isn't Kings Island around there?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:05 PM

i know you said you don't want to go to cedar point but what about kings island or is it the amusement park thing you don't want to do?

what about rock n roll hall of fame in cleveland oh?

Momma2Warriors
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:08 PM
Kings Island
The Cincinnati Zoo
Newport Aquarium.
I could go on and on just for Cincinnati alone
jd83
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:08 PM

In Cleveland: Aquarium, Zoo, Science center

Columbus: COSI, zoo

Cincinnati area: Kings Island, aquarium, flea markets (there are some really huge flea markets down there that we've had fun walking through, Jungle Jims store (huge, lots of random things to look at)

carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:11 PM

I'm just not entirely sure how fun an amusement park would be with 3 little kids, since they can't ride all the rides, and it might not be fun for us if there was a ride we wanted to go on and couldn't because we'd have no one to stay with the kids. I've never been to King's Island but I am not really a fan of roller coasters which is why I said Cedar Point was out.

Rock n Roll hall of fame might be fun though. I'll look it up, thanks!

Quoting Anonymous 1:

i know you said you don't want to go to cedar point but what about kings island or is it the amusement park thing you don't want to do?

what about rock n roll hall of fame in cleveland oh?

Robin-Christine
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:11 PM
I am in Toledo.Marblehead light house,the animal park you drive through in Port Clinton,the petting zoo right over the line,Greenfield Village,Columbus for the state houses,park of roses.Merry go round museum in Sandusky,Lake Erie islands.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:12 PM

If you can do a bit longer than a day drives up to Hell, MI. From where I grew up I want to say it wasn't that far from Cedar Point as we stayed in Hell and was at my check in for Cedar Point by 10 am. That was 22+ years ago. I worked at Cedar Point for a summer.

Quoting carterscutie85: We would like to take the kids on another day trip but not sure where to go. I do not want to stay the night anywhere. So it needs to be a day trip. We visited the Air Force Museum last weekend. That was fun. We don't want to do Cedar Point. It needs to be within a 2-3 hour drive from Toledo. We could possibly do something around Fort Wayne Indiana that would require us to stay the night because we have family there to stay with. I just won't stay in a hotel because of the risk of bed bugs. Ideas? Our kids are 5, 7 and 8. We have visited Frankenmuth Michigan but it was just us. We didn't take the kids. Aside from Splash Universe not entirely sure how many kid friendly things are there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)