Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this crazy?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

this lady that is trying to be my friend and also have our kids be friends keeps wanting to get together this summer all the time. i literally think she wants to get together every day because she says things like that! i would be good with once a week or once every 2 weeks.

so her husband just had back surgery and she invited us all over there the day after his surgery! what?? i said to her "well, i'm sure your husband needs to rest so maybe we can plan something another day" and she said "oh no, it's fine! he doesn't mind!" 

but one time we were over there, her husband was kinda "snippy" and told us we need to leave (he probably was in pain because of his back). so i can't see him wanting us over there the day after his surgery!

this lady just does not seem to have common sense or boundaries. do you think this sounds crazy?!

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2017 at 12:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Some people are lonely and needy, set strong boundaries or you'll be sucked in.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:02 PM

yes i definitely feel her lonely and needy energy! i know how it feels to want friends, but i don't want THIS!

Quoting Danesmommy1: Some people are lonely and needy, set strong boundaries or you'll be sucked in.

This_Lady_KK
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:05 PM

It's only crazy because her husband obviously did mind.

My step dad wanted visitors after his back surgery.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:05 PM
A word of advice, don't become friends with someone based on your children being friends. Once your children aren't friends anymore say goodbye to that friendship.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:07 PM
What I think I would do is make plans. Before she invites you to do something tomorrow say something like "Hey, what are you doing next Thursday? I'd like to get together, does that work for you?"

This way she won't be right up your ass, but she won't feel left out in the cold either.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

yes i definitely feel her lonely and needy energy! i know how it feels to want friends, but i don't want THIS!

Quoting Danesmommy1: Some people are lonely and needy, set strong boundaries or you'll be sucked in.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:07 PM

very true! this woman is just too pushy and needy! i am trying to be nice but also have boundaries.

Quoting Anonymous 2: A word of advice, don't become friends with someone based on your children being friends. Once your children aren't friends anymore say goodbye to that friendship.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:09 PM

haha! i have actually done this! "hey, would you guys want to get together next tuesday(insert whatever day)?" and she will say "yes! but we can get together before that too!"

it's just never enough for this lady!!!!

Quoting Danesmommy1: What I think I would do is make plans. Before she invites you to do something tomorrow say something like "Hey,what are you doing next Thursday? I'd like to get together, does that work for you?" I This way she won't be right up your ass, but she won't feel left out in the cold either.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:10 PM

i think because she is so pushy all the time, that this just topped it for me. i KNOW her husband would not want us there!

Quoting This_Lady_KK:

It's only crazy because her husband obviously did mind.

My step dad wanted visitors after his back surgery.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:11 PM
She probably wants a sister wife. RUN! Lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:15 PM

yes! lol! i have never been "persued" so much in my life!!!!!!!! she is trying to get my kids to do all kinds of things with her and her husband too. my kids don't even know them! like my son is a runner and she says my husband runs too...they should run together! my son was like please don't make me do that mom! lol! i won't!!!

then she will invite my kids to her house and i have allowed that twice now and she has acted mad at me that i don't stay. i told her in advance that i was going to run errands and she wants specifics as to what i am going to do. i just can't believe how pushy she is! 

Quoting Anonymous 3: She probably wants a sister wife. RUN! Lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)