Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lazy sahm moms

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 186 Replies
What do you do with your kids all summer? I'm a wahm so I don't have all day free time but usually have afternoons free. I'm super low energy though. Walking is fine but I can't walk for hours. Just looking for some examples of stuff lazy mom's do.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cajunqueenslsg8
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:42 PM
7 moms liked this
This is confusing....the title is insulting but yet....you're trying to get advice.
left.drowning
by Fix Me on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:43 PM
Agree

Quoting Cajunqueenslsg8: This is confusing....the title is insulting but yet....you're trying to get advice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:43 PM

can you take yoru kids to the pool? or a splash pad that they can just run through some sprinklers? or have sprinklers at home. water balloons, chalk, bubbles, read, color (not sure how old your kids are). they don't have to be entertained all day/every day.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:44 PM
5 moms liked this
I just let the kids watch tv and play their tablets all day so I can nap!! I pay them in candy for doing chores :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:44 PM
2 moms liked this
How is your clueless low energy ass calling anyone else lazy?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:45 PM

true! i just considered that she was talking about herself! lol! i know i'm not lazy!

Quoting Cajunqueenslsg8: This is confusing....the title is insulting but yet....you're trying to get advice.

cali_gurl
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:46 PM

Go to the local pool for a couple hours 3 times a week. Where I live it is only 2 bucks per person for open family swim. Go to McDonald's playplace for lunch and kiddie playtime once or twice a week. Train musuem indoors. Swim lessons. Swimming at friend's homes. AC indoor activities or swimming! :)

Cocos_Mom
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:46 PM
2 moms liked this
You can't even take your kids for a walk, and you're calling other people lazy?
Cajunqueenslsg8
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:46 PM
I hope you won't be sharing your bon bons with them?!?

Quoting Anonymous 3: I just let the kids watch tv and play their tablets all day so I can nap!! I pay them in candy for doing chores :)
This_Lady_KK
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I guess it depends on the age of your kids and also how much money you want to spend. My youngest is 8. I can take them to the pool and not have to do anything but watch them. There are also two splashpads within driving distance.

Home depot gives free classes for kids. It lasts anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour. 

My kids are big on odd-ball attractions. The orange show, the beer can house, the railroad museum, the WWII museum. All of those are free or cheap. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)