Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
Im not sure what to do anymore. Stepson is 7 and he doesn't listen to me at all. I know people are going to say it's not problem. But it is. I have even while his dad works. And he doesn't listen at all. He literally ignores me. Just looks the other way and ignores me.

I have tried to talk to his dad. Step kids get by with so much.

I was trying to talk to stepson today about why he won't sleep in his room. Or even go in his room. He has been here 4 days and hasn't stepped foot in his room once. Instead he's been sleeping in the girls room. He were the bed. Which i know he can't help. But he's ruining one of mattress in the girls room. In his room we have a mattress cover so the mattress won't get ruined.

Yesterday he almost drowned because​ he wouldn't listen.

I'm just so frustrated. He won't even talk to me about anything. I tried to ask him what he wanted for lunch and he just looked forward and didn't say anything. Totally ignored me.

Any advice. I'm going to tell his dad tonight that i won't watch anymore while he works. That will cut his time down.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2017 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mompam
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 2:08 PM
Is this a new situation?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 2:08 PM

How often is he around you? How long have you been with his father? what is his home life like at his moms? Are the girls his full siblings?  these are all questions that need to be answered. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 2:22 PM
I am around him every weekend and any extra days his dad wants. Like last night they stayed an extra night.

I have been with his dad since he was 11 months old.

He lives with his mom sister and grandma.

The girls are one full sister. Two half sisters and two step sisters.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

How often is he around you? How long have you been with his father? what is his home life like at his moms? Are the girls his full siblings?  these are all questions that need to be answered. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 2:23 PM
He is getting worse lately. He does it to his dad sometimes too. But with me it's all the time

Quoting mompam: Is this a new situation?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 2:27 PM
I wouldn't watch anyone's kid who didn't listen to me
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)