Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you friends with your ex? Are you at least civil with each other?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
I am, and I'm friends with his girlfriend
Maybe it was easier for me. We werent together long when I got pregnant, we got married thinking that was for the best. It wasn't

But there was never drama. No cheating, no abuse, no crazy fights. After our divorce he took an out-of-town job for about a year, so we had plenty of distance from each other to get over it

8 years later and he gets along great with my husband. I'm actually friends with his girlfriend. We hangout together, often

I'm sure this isnt the norm, but I'm always shocked how many women on the site or so HATEFUL twords their ex, or jealous and crazy about their SO's ex

You're raising a kid together , not everyone has to be friends, or even get along anymore, but isn't it best for everyone to just remain civil?

*** I see people on this site talking about how they wouldn't let their child's step father in wedding photos,
or they don't want to step parents allowed at graduation,
I've seen people talk about petty revenge like starting drama at their ex'es work,
sabotaging new relationships,
Extremely nasty and hateful attitude towards new spouses or girlfriends, even years after they've separated

Geez
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2017 at 2:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MissAndree
by Nosuchthing on Jun. 19, 2017 at 2:47 PM
While I am on great terms with my ex, he is not just my best friend but also my family, I certainly understand why some people aren't. Some people have abusive manipulative exes who use the children to punish the other parent. There are many scenarios that make it not possible to be friends with the ex. It takes two adults who are willing to put their kids first.
This_Lady_KK
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 2:48 PM

I try my best to be civil at all times. Our divorce was nasty enough, we don't need any more drama. It isn't easy, though and it most certainly is not black and white.

The only time we've had an argument since our divorce was when he called me from prison, after not seeing the kids for a year, and wanted to pick them up as soon as he got out because he thought was getting out soon. The day he called me, I had just found out that my friend died. I was not in good form.

Lulu-mama
by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 2:49 PM
We are civil. No, we are not friends.
WickedPissah
by Penis colada on Jun. 19, 2017 at 2:51 PM
Noooooo

We haven't really talked since September. I blocked his number in February because his wife and DD were pranking me from his number.
Iguessiwasbad13
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 2:53 PM
I have nothing to do with him unless I absolutely have to. Lots of relationships don't end like yours did though. Cheating, abuse of all sorts, manipulation etc often come into play.

I left my ex husband over a year ago and filed for a divorce almost a year ago. Anytime something doesn't go his way he blames me, says I'm jealous. He has nothing I want, nothing to be jealous of.

He got mad at me Friday because he didn't follow the court order. Started sending harassing, threatening texts. I simply told him unless he's texting me about his visitation to not contact me. He seems to forget I'm no longer his punching bag.
CampHarris
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 2:57 PM

We are definitely not friends, but we're civil for the most part (he's long distance, so thankfully I have very little interaction with him).  I have no interest in his sad existence, and with a crazy BM already in our lives, I think I'd make a great one if he ever found someone who would tolerate him for more than a second.  I don't know what he's doing and don't care, aside from wishing he'd pull his head out of his ass and see his kids more than twice a year.  

But leaving him was the best thing I ever could have done for myself and our kids, so there's no bitterness or animosity from my end... maybe from his, but that's his problem.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)