Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you leave your kids outside alone?

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 3:18 PM
  • 107 Replies

I was watching the news a story  about a boy getting kidnapped while playing outside I look at my DD outside alone so I turn the TV off and go outside am I to protective?

by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
This_Lady_KK
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

When the kids play outside, we keep the front door open, check on them constantly. They have rules for where they are allowed to go, etc. I understand your anxiety, I feel the same way. However, child abductions by strangers are rare. They are less than 1/100th of 1 percent.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 3:21 PM
Yes I do chances of a stranger kidnapping them are very slim.
Trouser.Mouse
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 3:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Well, it depends on how old they are. The 4 year old isn't allowed out of our sight while outside.
Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 3:22 PM

My kids run in and out all day long when it's nice out. They are 6-13. Yes, at times they are outside alone.

lapcounter
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 3:22 PM
Yes they can.
Endor-uh
by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, but she's nearly 27. =D
jaxons_mama
by Live*Laugh*Love on Jun. 19, 2017 at 3:24 PM
Yes. We live on a farm way off the road. They know they are only allowed to be in the fenced in play area unless told otherwise. But i do keep the window to my bathroom open some so I can hear them and check on the a lot
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 3:24 PM

No. He's 6 and trafficking is huge where I live. 

Trixie_dahl
by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 3:25 PM
Front yard theres someone with them. Back yard with the huge fence and neighbor dogs that bark at all adults except me and the owners so I would know if something was going on they can play alone. The dogs like me because I buy the good treats they like and share with owners permission. My dog didn't like them so I offered them to the neighbor. Still but them for the girls to give them. They love kids it's adults they don't trust
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 3:25 PM

They play every day outside without me being out there with them.   The 4 & 5yr old are outside right now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)