Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what does anxiety feel like

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
People who have anxiety, what does it feel like in a daily life. Does it come and go or is it constantly annoying
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jant232000
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:16 PM
3 moms liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:18 PM
If you have to ask you don't have it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:20 PM

It has many different forms.

I don't have any diagnosed anxiety issues, but I deal with a lot of anxiety when it comes to plans and people's thoughts and opinions. I will feel the need to obsess over plans and try to please literally everyone and fixate on the worry that people will be upset or not think I'm good enough. I will make compulsive lists and plan things down to the detail, down to looking up menus at restaurants we are going to go to and figure out what I'll order. If I don't do all that, I get really on edge and can't focus and feel like the world is coming down crashing around me and I'm worthless and everything is going to get ruined.

It comes and goes. Sometimes I'm more in control. Usually my husband can help me, and making lists and being organized helps.

razorbackfan
by BadgerMom on Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:22 PM
I agree with Anon 2. If you have to ask you dont havr it. You know what it feels like. It's hard living with it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:22 PM

For me its a constant worried feeling...and almost always feeling sick to my stomach
I over analyze and over think everything
I have trouble sleeping because I can't shut my mind off...and those are just the "mental" parts of it

when it gets bad I can also get a feeling like I need to get up and move around...not that I have something I need to do I just need to MOVE. I also can get a tightness in my chest like when I take a breath there isn't enough oxygen coming in. Its a very very uncomfortable feeling

This isn't what happens to everyone....this is just how it manifests in me

happyflappy
by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:25 PM
Agreed. I'm doing much better now since I have been in counseling for almost a year but it's pretty much always there, like a shadow. The difference is, I have learned to recognize the signs before it escalates into a full blown anxiety attack. I still have them occasionally but not nearly as much as before.

Quoting razorbackfan: I agree with Anon 2. If you have to ask you dont havr it. You know what it feels like. It's hard living with it.
DDDaysh
by Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:33 PM
2 moms liked this
For me it's a gut wrenching fear over things most people don't think twice about. It is being unable to sleep or concentrate if there is something I am worried about. It is not being able to set aside an issue, even when you have no control over the outcome, or know you won't have an answer for a long time.
illneverbeold
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:36 PM

It feels like you're worried about anything, everything. You are nervous and sometimes can't really put a finger on the reason you are nervous/worried. There may not be a legitimate reason for it, but you can't help it.

Matka_Kinder
by Tina on Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Pretty much this

Quoting Anonymous 4:

For me its a constant worried feeling...and almost always feeling sick to my stomachI over analyze and over think everythingI have trouble sleeping because I can't shut my mind off...and those are just the "mental" parts of it

when it gets bad I can also get a feeling like I need to get up and move around...not that I have something I need to do I just need to MOVE. I also can get a tightness in my chest like when I take a breath there isn't enough oxygen coming in. Its a very very uncomfortable feelingThis isn't what happens to everyone....this is just how it manifests in me

This_Lady_KK
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this

It is important to realize that it is different for everyone. The main way my anxiety manifests is the feeling of being paralyzed. I want to avoid everything because I feel like it won't be perfect.

It feels like a heavy, wet blanket. I just want to take it off but I can't. If I try, my clothes are still wet, everything is still heavy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)