Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cracked windshield, recommendations?

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:22 PM
  • 13 Replies

My husband just came to visit (in the hospital with our baby) and said my windshield is cracked. My six and five year old sons were tossing a baseball in the front yard, it went over my six year old's head and hit my windshield. My five year old started crying that he was sorry, I told him it was okay, I'm not mad, he's allowed to play ball outside, he just needs to be more careful next time. We have windshield coverage. Our insurance says we can use safelite repair or submit our own, has anyone used safelite before? Are they good? We hope to get it fixed tomorrow. 

by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momtoone07
by Emerald Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:24 PM
I freaking love Safelite. They come to you. Three times they have replaced my windshield in my driveway. I, highly, recommend them. And, actually, I had an issue with a windshield they installed a year after original installation. They came out, same day, and replaced the whole windshield.
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:25 PM

Use safelite, it's painless.

Olioxenfree
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:26 PM

That's great! I'm always wary of the big name places. 

Quoting Momtoone07: I freaking love Safelite. They come to you. Three times they have replaced my windshield in my driveway. I, highly, recommend them. And, actually, I had an issue with a windshield they installed a year after original installation. They came out, same day, and replaced the whole windshield.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:27 PM

I would say to stay clear of Ideal Autoglass.  I was sent to them and my car was ruined because I had a small leak for 18mos.  That leak caused mold and mildew to grow in my vehicle.  The autoglass place wouldn't agree to fix my car and my insurance specifically states they don't cover that.

Just make sure that they get a good seal and they use OEM windshield and not some knockoff.

PJMM
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:27 PM
I used safe light. They were fine, no problems.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:29 PM
I've used safelite a few times they are great. When the technician comes to change your windshield ask if they can waive your deductible. My last 2 windshields cost me $0 because they waived it.
Momtoone07
by Emerald Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:29 PM
My experiences with them have always been good. Even when there was an issue, they stood by it. In fact, I thought a was hit by another rock going down the road. It wasn't until I was on with customer service that they realized it was probably an error on their part because the crack was on the inside. They, immediately, sent someone out to make sure it was their error. My windshield was replaced same day.

Quoting Olioxenfree:

That's great! I'm always wary of the big name places. 

Quoting Momtoone07: I freaking love Safelite. They come to you. Three times they have replaced my windshield in my driveway. I, highly, recommend them. And, actually, I had an issue with a windshield they installed a year after original installation. They came out, same day, and replaced the whole windshield.

LeftieX
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:31 PM
I had to get my whole windshield replaced with safelight. It was only just over $100 and they were great.
Melissa_4
by Navy Mom on Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:32 PM

We've used Safelite many times.  We have a bunch of cars, and hub commutes over 120 miles a day.  Rocks get kicked up from the highway.  With our comprehensive coverage, it costs us $50 to replace a windshield.

Olioxenfree
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:34 PM

I don't have a deductible for windshield replacements, so it will be $0 no matter what, I'm just hoping for faster service and for them to do a good job. I once brought my car in to get new windshield wipers to a local big name place. First, they ordered the wrong part, then they broke my windshield trying to install the part, then they ordered the wrong windshield, it was a nightmare and it took over a week to get my car back. I never want to go through that again, so I want to make sure they are credible, which it sounds like they are.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I've used safelite a few times they are great. When the technician comes to change your windshield ask if they can waive your deductible. My last 2 windshields cost me $0 because they waived it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)