Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Most embarrassing thing in my life!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
All my cards declined when I went to go get groceries for the week...

We have been having to buy groceries with credit cards for the past year.

Dh has been in and out of the hospital for 2 years.

We won't starve. We have some food, I was just getting almond milk (I'm out) cows milk (my dh and kids are out) some fresh fruit, some treats, and pull ups for my dd for preschool and bedtime.

First time in my adult life that has happened.... I maxed out three cc... To buy groceries over the last year....

I feel like shit

FYI we are already on a budget, and I a m working on bringing in more income. But right now was with dh meds we could cut every thing "extra" and still have to pay for some things with credit....

Oh and I'm not in the US just an fyi
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:37 PM
Well living off credit cards is dumb. You should have looked into options long before this point. Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this

If you are that far in the hole, I don't see why you are buying treats and milk...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:41 PM

Were you not keeping track? That's definitely something you should be on top of, not just charging things as you randomly feel like it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:41 PM
we don't have food help like you do in the states. So much much we could do about that.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Well living off credit cards is dumb. You should have looked into options long before this point. Good luck.
LeftieX
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:42 PM
That sucks. Horrid feeling. Sorry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:42 PM
How irresponsible. You are so broke you are buying groceries on a credit card and you are buying treats?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:44 PM
I drink fortified milk because I am vegan... You are right about treats. But my kids did well in school so I wanted to surprise them. Thought I had enough there.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

If you are that far in the hole, I don't see why you are buying treats and milk...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:45 PM
I was. I thought I had enough on at least two of them....

Quoting Anonymous 4:

Were you not keeping track? That's definitely something you should be on top of, not just charging things as you randomly feel like it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:45 PM
You weren't even keeping track of what was on the cards, just wrecklessly and frivolously spending on multiple cards. Best of luck though, you're going to need it.

Quoting Anonymous 1: we don't have food help like you do in the states. So much much we could do about that.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Well living off credit cards is dumb. You should have looked into options long before this point. Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:49 PM

Doesn't mean you need to buy cows milk. Your kids need basic needs more than they need treats. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: I drink fortified milk because I am vegan... You are right about treats. But my kids did well in school so I wanted to surprise them. Thought I had enough there.
Quoting Anonymous 3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)