Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sorry But You Weren't Hurt THAT Badly

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 5:14 PM
  • 21 Replies

I swear, if you get injured and the first words out of your mouth are "I'm going to sue you!" You shouldn't be allowed to sue because obviously you weren't hurt as bad as you're making like you were. 

We went to the livestock supply store today to get some horse feed. Something was spilled and was mopped up. There was clearly a wet floor sign. A woman slipped on the floor and hurt her back and elbow. Several people went over to help, including the manager. She got right back on her feet and, before saying that she was ok or whatever, she looks at the manager and says "I'm going to sue this place!" and all of my concern for her went away. Even my five year old was like "Mommy, there was a wet floor sign."

I have actually seen this woman before. I always come in with one or two of my dogs. The first time I saw her, she complained to the employes about the dogs. It clearly says on the entrance that leashed and well behaved dogs are welcomed. My dogs are both leashed and well behaved. 

by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 5:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Razzle_Dazzle1
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 5:36 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, no sympathy for people like that
Hoppers33
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 5:43 PM
Suing just seems like way too much work to me. I understand some people are greedy like that, but if I were money hungry, I think I'd be even more aware that I was wasting my own money on stupid cases I'd never win.
Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 5:43 PM
Where I work when they can the tweakers look for ways to sue. But occasionally there's a real accident and no one threatens lawsuit but my manager has a mindset that people will sue. she's on us about safety all the time.
KittyMom1026
by Sharon on Jun. 19, 2017 at 5:46 PM

Too bad someone didn't get a picture of her on the floor next to the sign.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 5:50 PM
I sued a store once. A display shelf fell over because an employee was loading it on the other side at Lowes. I dodged a majority as I ran but was hit with a board on my head as I made a hasty retreat. I was knocked out. I had to sue to get my medical costs, lost wages and they fought me on it. I wasn't asking for a million dollars or even pain and suffering, just my costs. I got awarded that plus $25,000 for pain and suffering and they had to pay my attorney bills. This woman sounds like she was looking for a settlement, not actually hurt.
halleys_mommy_1
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 6:03 PM
Im sure they have cameras (the leash comment makes me think you are talking about tractor supply in which case i KNOW they have cameras)

Classic slip and fall
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 6:05 PM
What a moron! Side note, I love feed stores. Weird, I know.
KittyMom1026
by Sharon on Jun. 19, 2017 at 6:23 PM

I love Tractor Supply! It's where I get my bird seed and suet. I've gotten some really neat boots and yard ornaments there too.

Quoting halleys_mommy_1: Im sure they have cameras (the leash comment makes me think you are talking about tractor supply in which case i KNOW they have cameras) Classic slip and fall

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 6:32 PM

We pulled up on this accident a few years ago, it was just before Christmas.  The guy was in the center lane clearly trying to make a left hand turn, and caused the accident.  While we were waiting for our chance to go, this guy unbuckles his seat belt, falls out of his car in slow motion, lands on the ground, on his back.  Every few minutes he sits up, looks around and says, "I'm hurt.  I'm hurt." And then flops back down on the ground.  Hmmmmm?

I had some of those fire proff lock boxes, the heavy ones, at Walmart fall and land on my knee once.  Hurt like a cussword!  I just stacked them baack up and moved on.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)