Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding mom @ public pool

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 5:38 PM
  • 276 Replies
7 moms liked this
This was in the news. She was asked to be more discreet while breastfeeding at the public pool.

Let me start by saying that i breastfed, in public as well. I never used a cover because my child didnt like it.
However i never exposed myself - and not one time did anyone ever say anything nor seem to realize i was breastfeeding.

This mother say on the side of the pool and breastfed. And shes upset that she was asked to be more discreet??!

Im all for breastfeeding, and in public.
However if you are around kids that are not yours nor your family or friends - perhaps be respectful of others. You dont need to be exposed and make it so other kids (strangers) see your breast.
You also dont need to be sitting on the edge of the pool doing it either.
Some people havent taught their kids about breastfeeding, and the kids dont know anything about it or breast period.
At the same time - those same kids may have already been taught about body safety and sexual safety.
And there she is exposing herself.
Its no different then parents who have rules in certain tv shows etc.
And she took it upon herself to do what she wanted to in a way that could have been so much easier.
By sitting in her lounge chair breastfeeding.
Not exposed while also sitting on the edge of the pool!
by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Trouser.Mouse
by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 5:39 PM
12 moms liked this
If it is a public pool, she doesn't have to. End of story.
Spam72
by Emerald Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 5:39 PM
11 moms liked this
Isn't it also a sanitary issue? Do we really want her body fluids leaking into the pool?
Horticulturemom
by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 5:40 PM
25 moms liked this
I honestly think some do it just to get attention and dare someone to say something just so they can scream "it's natural".
Chilebean2010
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 5:40 PM
4 moms liked this
I get that. But what about common sense? Respect for other people and their young kids?

Quoting Trouser.Mouse: If it is a public pool, she doesn't have to. End of story.
Isaacsmom913
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 5:41 PM
41 moms liked this
I am a formula feeder and 100% disagree with this! When they start telling women whose breasts and butts are barely covered by their barely there bikinis THEN they can tell a woman feeding her child to be more discreet, period.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 5:41 PM
4 moms liked this
It's a freaking boob... OMG the horror .
Chilebean2010
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 5:41 PM
4 moms liked this
Idk. Breastfeed in public all you need. But come on! When kids are alllll around and you dont know any of them, use some respect!

Quoting Spam72: Isn't it also a sanitary issue? Do we really want her body fluids leaking into the pool?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 5:42 PM
5 moms liked this
Tough shit. She doesn't have to, that's the law. They cannot even ask her to be discreet, leave the pool area or anything else.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 5:42 PM
10 moms liked this
If it was time for my kids to eat and I didn't feed them, those bodily fluids were going to be leaking into the pool regardless.

Quoting Spam72: Isn't it also a sanitary issue? Do we really want her body fluids leaking into the pool?
Trouser.Mouse
by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 5:42 PM
26 moms liked this
Common sense and respect would be to stop sexualizing breastfeeding.

Quoting Chilebean2010: I get that. But what about common sense? Respect for other people and their young kids?

Quoting Trouser.Mouse: If it is a public pool, she doesn't have to. End of story.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)