Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Births on sitcoms

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
On sitcoms a lot of the partners act like idiots when their wife/gf tell them it's time. Did any of your partners act like idiots and go crazy?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2017 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 5:40 PM

Nope

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 5:42 PM
We had one early labor scare and my husband wasn't prepared. He had a moment where he turned ashen grey but wasn't moronic about it, just said "but you told me I had until the 13th" LOL.
cheekacheeka
by Emerald Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 5:42 PM

It was an induction. So, no. He's never given me any indication he would act like that. He's always Johnny on the Spot all the times I've been hurt or really sick. Very calm. Kinda on a creepy level. 

Medic32
by Go PREDS! on Jun. 19, 2017 at 5:43 PM
He wasn't here for one birth (he was in Walter Reed). For the second, he reacted calmly and normally and assisted me as needed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 5:45 PM
No, DH is very matter of fact. I said it's time and he just said, ok get in the car. I could tell he was nervous because the entire drive he was silent. He was so supportive, just nervous.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 5:46 PM
I've not personally witensed that kind of reaction.

While I do understand there are rules and laws about kids and babies being on set...when they show the baby all I can think "that kids at least 4 months old! Who are the fooling?! Use one of those robot babies or something!" Just one of those things that makes me shake my head.
AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on Jun. 19, 2017 at 5:47 PM
No.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 5:48 PM
No.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 5:48 PM
With my first, my water broke while we were at my FIL's house. I wasn't having contractions or anything. I came out of the bathroom, waited for them to finish their conversation and very calmly said "I'm pretty sure my water just broke". We get in the car, and my husband is driving way too fast...I told him to slow down and calm down...we had plenty of time. He was panicking cause we were like 45 minutes from the hospital. Then I asked him to stop and get water and he's like "are you serious?! You're in labor! We don't have time for that!" So I had to convince him that I needed water and we had time. Get to the hospital and settled....thank goodness my mom was there because my husband LOST IT when the doctor did my epidural. Straight up crying in the corner. He was a mess.

Second labor went much better. I was induced, he left when they attempted the epidural, and all was well lol
justinnaimee
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 5:49 PM
No. Not at all. He was cool as a cucumber each time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)