Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you live in or near Suwanee, GA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
Tell me about it. Are you happy? People friendly? Year round weather? Good place to raise kids? We're considering moving there. I have three young kids in Elementary school.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2017 at 6:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 6:14 PM
Bump
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Jun. 19, 2017 at 6:20 PM

I live about an hour south of there thanks to traffic. Gwinnett County has terrible traffic so if y'all move there I hope y'all work really close to where you live. Some of the best schools in GA are in that county so it's a good choice for schools. The schools in my county suck overall..there is one district that is good and that is why we homeschool. Atlanta weather is crappy in the spring and summer and chilly in the winter. Summer normally ranges from April-November in Atlanta.. winter is December-February with temps normally in the 50's ( sometimes lower) and March is spring for the most part. It also gets super humid so you need to be prepared for that as well. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 6:22 PM

I don't live in Suwanee, but my dh works in that area.  It's not a bad area at all.  But very busy & hectic.  Somewhat high COL area.   Access to everything you could need in the way of shopping & malls if that's what you are into. 

I have no clue as far as the schools other than they are Gwinnett County schools & those vary from area to area as to how they are.  I'm further out in the country (ish).   I don't have a mall handy, but I got more house for the $$ and lower taxes in my county.  It takes dh about 20 minutes to get to work in Suwanee. 

TowerWife
by CrazyDogLady on Jun. 19, 2017 at 6:35 PM
Be prepared for horrible traffic
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 6:51 PM
Wow, you're the third to mention it so it must be bad.

Quoting TowerWife: Be prepared for horrible traffic
LightItUp
by RitatheGreat on Jun. 19, 2017 at 6:53 PM
Take this cute quiz on find your spot.com
You can get a better idea of ideal environments for yourself!
Shai4710
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 6:54 PM

Don't live anywhere near there. 

happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 6:58 PM
I grew up there. Left about 20 years ago.

You couldn't pay me to go back.

The traffic is a horrible nightmare and unless you work there- you can move South of the city and have access to great schools and extremely family friendly communities without the traffic.
LynnZ531
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:01 PM

Traffic is bad.  I don't live there but I manage a fleet of trucks in Atlanta and we make deliveries in Suwanee.  I hear nightmare stories about the traffic.  However the weather is beautiful.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:05 PM
Is it just the traffic you hated? Where do live now?

Quoting happymommy1105: I grew up there. Left about 20 years ago.

You couldn't pay me to go back.

The traffic is a horrible nightmare and unless you work there- you can move South of the city and have access to great schools and extremely family friendly communities without the traffic.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)