Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All the smack you've talked about me

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1 Replies

Being a parent is not easy, am I right?

With all of the hardships parents have, I tend to think that single parents and step parents have it even harder. 

I have tried, y'all. I have tried to be a good parent and a good step parent. Unfortunately, none of this came with a darn instruction manual!!!

Over the years, there have been many times that we have struggled to..or all together stopped coparenting. But I have never allowed myself to sink into bitterness or resentment. I just wanted to do the best I could with what I had.

I have my own biological children and I am also a step mother. Over the years, immense shit has been talked about me by his ex wife. I am demanding, snooty, all kinds of things, I have been called.

But this past weekend, we went to the lake. Then we took a day and went to surf the rapids on the river. My step daughter kept rocking her raft. I kept telling her not to. She flipped the raft over and went flying down the rapids. My husband automatically tried to jump in after her, as did I. I am the better swimmer and I got there first. 

Who knows what would have happened if I had not gotten there when I did...but I think it is very likely I saved her life or at least serious injury and a trip to the hospital. Yet, I am sure I am still considered a bad person in mom's eyes.

This is why I don't understand the mom-step mom debate. I am a mom, too! I have my own struggles but do you really think I would not take care of her and protect her just as I would my own child?!? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2017 at 6:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:27 PM

Not all stepmoms give a shit about their step-kids. Many step parents don't want to over step or over step their situation. I am glad you were there for her and saved her pain! That is great! you are a good stepmom. Thank you.

BMs sometimes feel replaced or see that their ex is happy with someone else or a different person with someone else and get upset about how that was the life they could've had but didn't ...pain and bitterness gets in the way of life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)