Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It bothers her that she is a black woman...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 82 Replies
1 mom liked this
My coworker (white, blonde woman in mid 30's) just shared with me that she watched the movie, The Shack last night and lost interest when God was portrayed as a black woman.

I smiled and googled the movies information in front of her, and told her that I will check it out. She asked if I thought she was a bad person for feeling that way, and I being a black woman who believes that She is Me stated, "I think it is prophectic and makes sense that God is a black woman."

She said, "Really, why?"

And I said, "Revelation 12, the Woman Clothed with the Sun, to come in the End Times. She said, "I never really studied Revelations. I said, "Well you need to with a smile. I almost told her that I was She....

Another time. Lol
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LightItUp
by RitatheGreat on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:25 PM
Those kind of movies are open to personal views just like any other movie. I'd have kept my opinions to myself concerning race though. Esp if this was said in a professional environment.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:27 PM
5 moms liked this

I see it this way, man, and woman, no matter what color/race were created in His image. That means it is perfectly logical that God could be represented by anyone. I have no trouble with the movie and I was not a fan of the book.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:29 PM
4 moms liked this

Image result for godstar

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:30 PM

Godstar? I've missed you. You know me. You know I'm a white, female, atheist, so what can I say? That I am privileged? That I was second, but still among the first, of peoples whom could reasonably caste of the chains of religion without being completely destroyed by society? I feel your pain but I still can't agree. This woman is deluded, yet you and she share the same delusions. So....I can only wish you peace. 

MissAndree
by Nosuchthing on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:33 PM
8 moms liked this
Hey Godstar!
I would totally be okay with God being a black woman. Imagine how much better we would be as a society if Christians worshipped a loving black goddess than the angry white genocidal dude they worship now?
WaterorWine
by Wino on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Godstar? the woman in the revelation 12 sign represents the church. she's not a literal woman.

I agree your friend btw, not so much that god isnt "black" but that God reveals himself in the masculine form.
ShesSoUnusual
by Cat on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:37 PM
4 moms liked this
And according to Dogma, God is a speechless Alanis Morissette.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:37 PM
why do you hate Christianity so much? Jesus wasnt genocidal ;-)

Quoting MissAndree: Hey Godstar!
I would totally be okay with God being a black woman. Imagine how much better we would be as a society if Christians worshipped a loving black goddess than the angry white genocidal dude they worship now?
TheRaz
by Liz on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:40 PM
Hey godstar! How ya been? Having a nice summer so far?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:42 PM
2 moms liked this
I know that I am a Black Woman called to do the will of God, and share myself with all people in love as Christ's witness.

She believes Jesus was a white man with blue eyes, and is looking for His return on the cloud when He is already here.

We are still friends at work though despite our different views. One of us is right, the other is mistaken. Ahem..

I might know of you from here, but I am not sure that you even know much about me or my beliefs even though I have shared them openly for years.

Peace be with you as well my Love.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Godstar? I've missed you. You know me. You know I'm a white, female, atheist, so what can I say? That I am privileged? That I was second, but still among the first, of peoples whom could reasonably caste of the chains of religion without being completely destroyed by society? I feel your pain but I still can't agree. This woman is deluded, yet you and she share the same delusions. So....I can only wish you peace. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)