Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Maybe I'm a b****, but I don't feel bad

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies
Son, 6 years old, in the backyard playing with a brand new ball, I told him to remember that if he plays with a poppable ball around the dog, the dog WILL pop it. Wouldnt think I would even need to tell him as every time he's done it the dog indeed pops the ball. He said it's ok, we can just get another one, I said that's not the way to think. 20 seconds later he's inside crying because the dog popped his ball. NO SHIT! At first I was thinking of running into town and grabbing another. Then his inability to accept responsibility and the fit, I actual got upset. I lectured him on his so what attitude, inability to make good decisions despite seconds before being advised, and his unappreciative attitude.

Now I feel like i overreacted, but im also upset at his attitude and my husband bought him this ball for a game my son is playing at school that my husband wanted to play with him. Now it's just garbage, a waste.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:41 PM
2 moms liked this

he was warned.The worst thing you could do is buy him a new ball

Ginger0104
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:43 PM
Where do you think he gets the idea to just buy another one? Don't continue to teach him that he doesn't have to care for his things.
LightItUp
by RitatheGreat on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:46 PM
Reinforce the value of his items. I wouldn't buy him a new ball for some time. Let him spend some time without it and try to get him to understand that simply replacing items that he failed to take care of is off the table.
It should've never been On the table. Where is he learning any lessons?
Olioxenfree
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Why would you even consider getting him a new one? No, you werent overreacting. He's acting super spoiled.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:48 PM
6 moms liked this

WHY buy a ball that can get busted by the dog, especially since it has been done numerous times? They do make thicker balls.................

Caidysmom
by MindyM on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this
No way would I be running to get a new one!
sickofdrama
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Easy solution. He has to do chores to get a new ball. And don't feel bad. He's spoiled...you warned him, and he assumed that disobedience and a fit would get him a new ball. Now he must be FORCED to do a chore, worth the value of this ball, pls tax and gas...at minimum wage, less income taxes. Period. And immediately, since he needs a ball for school.
OrangeBalloon
by Emerald Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:49 PM
4 moms liked this
How is he supposed to keep the ball away from the dog? It doesn't sound like he was able to play with it in peace without the dog getting in the way. Especially since this seems to happen a lot.
awsmnss26
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this
You are not a bitch. You are teaching him responsibility to take care of his things.
Also to listen when you tell him something.
luckysevenwow
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:51 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm with Sassy, but better balls or put the dog up. Where is he suppose to play that dog can't get to it?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)