Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Maybe I'm a b****, but I don't feel bad

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Son, 6 years old, in the backyard playing with a brand new ball, I told him to remember that if he plays with a poppable ball around the dog, the dog WILL pop it. Wouldnt think I would even need to tell him as every time he's done it the dog indeed pops the ball. He said it's ok, we can just get another one, I said that's not the way to think. 20 seconds later he's inside crying because the dog popped his ball. NO SHIT! At first I was thinking of running into town and grabbing another. Then his inability to accept responsibility and the fit, I actual got upset. I lectured him on his so what attitude, inability to make good decisions despite seconds before being advised, and his unappreciative attitude.

Now I feel like i overreacted, but im also upset at his attitude and my husband bought him this ball for a game my son is playing at school that my husband wanted to play with him. Now it's just garbage, a waste.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:38 PM
Replies (31-34):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:22 PM
Let me get this straight, you bought a ball knowing full well that the dog will bust it. Instead of trying to fix the problem by buying a stronger ball or letting your son play in the yard without the dog being in the yard to pop the ball you chose to blame your six year old son and lecture him about "poor decisions "? That's some stellar patenting right there. SMH
dipndots
by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:26 PM
He learned to listen to his smart mama!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:26 PM
How was he supposed to play with his ball if the dog was around? Do not punish him I feel it's more your fault.
Susan_Marie1984
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:28 PM
Sounds like he was set up to fail. Maybe yell at the dog.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)