Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He isn't going to hurt her

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies
My mom is a little paranoid. She didn't leave her first dh in fear of her kids being molested if she got into another relationship. When she left him and married my dad, her other kids were teens or out the house already.

I left my oldest dds dad when dd was a baby. I'm married now and have 3 kids with my dh. She always says to be careful, what if he molest her ECT. I tell her every time I don't want to hear it. My dh is a great husband and father.

My ex is hardly alone with our dd because his mom basically said all men are child molesters. She has even yelled at me when he started getting overnights with dd. Not every guy is a child molester.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this

People who fear men are child molesters are often victims themselves. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:01 PM
His Mom said that? I thought you were saying your mom was the overly paranoid one? How does her opinion matter?
bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:01 PM
While the risk does rise significantly, not every man who marries a women with children is going to molest the children. I know a lot of men who helped raise stepdaughters in a wholesome and fatherly manner.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:02 PM
My mom wasn't molested or anything

Quoting Anonymous 2:

People who fear men are child molesters are often victims themselves. 

Curlymom234
by Flamingo lady on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:03 PM
It sounds like your mother has issues.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:03 PM
They have both told me stuff. His mom is the one who yelled at me

Quoting Anonymous 3: His Mom said that? I thought you were saying your mom was the overly paranoid one? How does her opinion matter?
blue-heart
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:04 PM
She's nuts. Not all men are evil.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:04 PM
There is always a risk.

Quoting bleumonster: While the risk does rise significantly, not every man who marries a women with children is going to molest the children. I know a lot of men who helped raise stepdaughters in a wholesome and fatherly manner.
motherslove82
by Emerald Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:04 PM
2 moms liked this
No one ever thinks their DH will molest their kids, but it sure does happen at an alarming rate. Statistically, remarrying does put them at a much higher risk. I'm not saying your DH will do anything, but her concerns are not without merit.
Sans-Equanimity
by Closet Optimist on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:05 PM
Was she a victim herself perhaps? I experienced CSA and have a lot of fear about it happening to DD, occasionally bordering on the irrational. I know not every man will do that, but it's hard not to worry, especially if your abuser was trusted and respected by others.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)