Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feeling low,

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
It's been a really hard few years for me. The only things that have kept me afloat are my kids and traveling. I have a deep rooted need to wander, be away from home.most don't get it but that's ok. Anyway I have no real friends. I had them in high school but moved away(12 hours) in the middle of my senior year. I never really made friends here. Fast forward 16 years and still no one. Just dh and his friends are nice to me. His family doesn't even care for me. I've tried to make friends but they all eventually stop talking to me. Only one has said why and she said I talk too much. My marriage is falling apart due to us changing into different people who seem to not work well together.
I'm the same weight I was when we met. I lost a bunch but after having kids I never went back down. Dh says I should loose weight, he's starting to not like it. Well I suggested since he wants something that women would leave over, I'd like him to make more. So we can travel more and retire early. He said its not the same. I said why shouldn't we both be happy in every aspect? That's just one thing wrong. We just aren't a couple anymore. We don't snuggle, can't have a conversation about anything bc we see everything from opposite sides.
Plus my son who just turned 7 has an awful attitude which I'm trying to put a stop to right away but it feels like he hates me bc I'm the only one he's like this with.
Basically I'm feeling really alone and not worth shit!
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:09 PM
Bump
tsatske2
by Latricia on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Your son's attitude is a phase. Just keep correcting it, it will get better. With your husband, put the work into your marriage. Have you tried counseling? Try saying these three things everyday: Sincerely thank him for something everyday. give him a sincere compliment everyday. and say I love you everyday. 

cali_gurl
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:13 PM

I'm sorry. Maybe your dh and kids don't want to travel all the time? What other hobbies do you have? Work?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:30 PM
Thanks I'll try!

Quoting tsatske2:

Your son's attitude is a phase. Just keep correcting it, it will get better. With your husband, put the work into your marriage. Have you tried counseling? Try saying these three things everyday: Sincerely thank him for something everyday. give him a sincere compliment everyday. and say I love you everyday. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:31 PM
We go 3-4 times a year. Dh more bc he goes on guy trips to golf.

Quoting cali_gurl:

I'm sorry. Maybe your dh and kids don't want to travel all the time? What other hobbies do you have? Work?

Left.Right.Left
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:34 PM
Sorry you're having a hard time!

I'll be your friend, send me a pm if you want. I know how it feels to move far away from friends and the struggle to make new ones.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)