Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so f'ing depressed

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
Idk what's wrong with me. Today has just been shit. I slept almost all day, barely did anything. I have a migraine and I just wanna cry.

I deactivated my fb account. I only had 19 'friends' on there.... 4 that I met through a crochet group, and the other 15 are multiples of people (like 3 people have two accounts each), and the rest are mainly from my son's paternal family or somehow connected with his family- I figured I'd be able to contact them when ds gets older and wants to meet whoever- aunt, siblings, whatever.

I know it'll be a shit show for deactivating, but fuck it. Only useful things was my crochet group, body positivity group and my anxiety/depression groups.

I just... I don't know. I don't know what I need. At least with it being gone, ex's current gf can't contact me and ex won't be able to when he gets out of prison next month.

Fuck. I just feel like I'm 29 and waiting to die.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GOBryan
by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:18 PM

Take a deep breath and think of all the good things in your life.. 

Write down the things you like about your life & yourself, then write down the things you would like to change.. 

Set a goal for yourself and execute a plan to make those changes to improve.. Only you can change the things you don't like about your life.. 

I meditate every night before I go to bed.. It helps me relax and focus.  If you have a cell phone, there's a free app "Insight Timer" with tons of meditation songs and Assisted Meditation for everything such as relaxation, anxiety, sleep, etc.. that will help center you. 

When you are thinking negative, force yourself to think positive.  And of course, try to get help by seeing a therapist.. 

Also.. My daughter suffers from anxiety, she's getting accupuncture and it seems to be helping her immensly.. Insurance covers accupuncture. 

Trouser.Mouse
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:19 PM
I'm sorry. I've been feeling very isolated and alone myself lately. I'm craving social interaction, but don't really take the steps for it to happen.

It sounds like you haven't been feeling well which will amplify emotions. I hope things get better for you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:25 PM
Yea, I think I had heat exhaustion on Saturday and I've been feeling down and out since then. We were outside from like 8-3, I slept from 3:230-7:30, then again from 10:30 until about 8:30am, but woke up a few times during the night.

Then slept quite a bit yesterday.. went to bed around 2am, woke up at 8... fell asleep from 11 until almost 3.

Idk if it's from the exhaustion or the oncoming depression. I was going through fb, thinking maybe I could reach out to a friend... and that's when I realized I have no friends, at all.

I hope you're able to find the social interactions you need. I think I had too much this weekend (with strangers) and now, i need to go back to that hermit crab lifestyle to be content with it. Idk.

Quoting Trouser.Mouse: I'm sorry. I've been feeling very isolated and alone myself lately. I'm craving social interaction, but don't really take the steps for it to happen.

It sounds like you haven't been feeling well which will amplify emotions. I hope things get better for you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:27 PM
I was actually thinking of getting rid of my phone too. Only reason I really need it is if ds is away from me.

I have insurance through the state, idt they cover acupuncture. But I'll make the lists tonight. I'm debating on taking a nap or trying to stay awake until I send ds to bed.

Quoting GOBryan:

Take a deep breath and think of all the good things in your life.. 

Write down the things you like about your life & yourself, then write down the things you would like to change.. 

Set a goal for yourself and execute a plan to make those changes to improve.. Only you can change the things you don't like about your life.. 

I meditate every night before I go to bed.. It helps me relax and focus.  If you have a cell phone, there's a free app "Insight Timer" with tons of meditation songs and Assisted Meditation for everything such as relaxation, anxiety, sleep, etc.. that will help center you. 

When you are thinking negative, force yourself to think positive.  And of course, try to get help by seeing a therapist.. 

Also.. My daughter suffers from anxiety, she's getting accupuncture and it seems to be helping her immensly.. Insurance covers accupuncture. 

Left.Right.Left
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:29 PM
Come to Vancouver again ;)

I can always use some company!

OP, hang in there!

Quoting Trouser.Mouse: I'm sorry. I've been feeling very isolated and alone myself lately. I'm craving social interaction, but don't really take the steps for it to happen.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:33 PM
Drink tons of water. Go get a physical. Maybe you just need vitamin D3. Thyroid? Go get checked. And if you're into crochet and crafty things join some meetup groups. Get crafting. Try new things. Knit. Take pictures.
Trouser.Mouse
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:33 PM
I'll have to get a passport now. We didn't need them back then...lol.

Quoting Left.Right.Left: Come to Vancouver again ;)

OP, hang in there!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this

JFC what is it with all these posts today. Im going to be depressed from reading all this stuff

Left.Right.Left
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:37 PM
I promise not to take you to the suspension bridge lol

Quoting Trouser.Mouse: I'll have to get a passport now. We didn't need them back then...lol.

Quoting Left.Right.Left: Come to Vancouver again ;)

OP, hang in there!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:37 PM
I drink over a gallon a day. I had a physical back in January, everything was fine back then but idk about now.

I may try the crochet meet up group.

I need a new camera. That's what I'm gonna do tomorrow. I bought a camera recently but I can't take action shots, which is what I want... it gets all blurry.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Drink tons of water. Go get a physical. Maybe you just need vitamin D3. Thyroid? Go get checked. And if you're into crochet and crafty things join some meetup groups. Get crafting. Try new things. Knit. Take pictures.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)