Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I confront her?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies
So I've been renting my home for two years and become good friends with my neighbor. She is military and just got orders that move her out of state. My lease ends a week after she moves and my landlord is not renewing us because they have sold the house and the new owners are moving in.

While venting to my friend she offered us her home as a rental for the next year since we would be able to buy something by then. I set up an appointment with her so my husband and I could go over the lease with her and she rescheduled twice. A couple days later she told me via text that they weren't going to allow her to rent the home because she has a VA loan. In order to qualify for a new place she'd have to sell this and then buy. I told her no problem, I completely understand and it wasn't a big deal.

Well fast forward 3 wks and I walk out my house to get the mail low and behold their is a "for lease" sign in her front yard. I'm so hurt by this. It's just a slap in the face. After everything we've been through together she completely lied. She has been in our home and knows that treat it like we own it, we are neat freaks and everything is always tidy.

This weekend we are planning to go to her son's bday party at her home and I really don't want to go. I'm so upset. What should I do??
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:08 PM
I personally wouldn't. It really doesn't matter what her reasoning was. I would just drop it and move on. I don't like to make it a habit to give a lot of myself to people who don't value me.
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Her actions tell you everything you need to know
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:09 PM
3 moms liked this

DO IT!!!

Videotape it and share with us her response, lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:09 PM
Let it go.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:10 PM
She was the first friend I've had in years because I've been so badly hurt in the past. I feel so betrayed.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I personally wouldn't. It really doesn't matter what her reasoning was. I would just drop it and move on. I don't like to make it a habit to give a lot of myself to people who don't value me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:11 PM
That she was never a friend to begin with.

Quoting peanutsmommy1: Her actions tell you everything you need to know
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:11 PM
Is it possible she sold it but can stay in the house until she moves?
ShaMac
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:11 PM
Nope. Let it go and move on. Idk I'd probably avoid her for the most part. Stop in and wish her son a happy birthday and then skiddaddle.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:12 PM
Learn your place and myob
Talkingheads
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this
This is weird. She is telling the truth about the VA home Lon thing. I wonder how its going up for lease. She might have refinanced with another company and it might have been more than she thought you would have been comfortable paying
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)