Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where will he need access in my home?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
I think my ac has gone out. I am going to try to get a repairman to come tomorrow to fix it. I'm weird about people going in our bedrooms, I just very much dislike people I don't know being in my home but I hate anyone going into the bedrooms, especially our master bedroom. Anyway. We have two a.c. Units, both accessible in the backyard. Both thermostats are in the two living areas (upstairs and downstairs). Both sets of air filters are in the living areas. The attic access (although I'm not sure why he would need that since the a.c. Units are on the ground) is in the upstairs living area.
Would the repairman need to go in any of the bedrooms when he comes?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:39 PM
We had the AC guy out here today and he didn't even have to go in my house.

That said... My house isn't your house and I have no idea what you'll need.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:39 PM
Only if he suspects a duct issue. Dh is a tech.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:40 PM
No.
blue-heart
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this
He shouldn't need to go into the bedrooms. But once it's fixed he may want to check that the air is blowing from all the vents. If he does, then he will need access to the bedrooms.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:41 PM
Thank you. I'm thinking he won't need to.

Quoting Danesmommy1: We had the AC guy out here today and he didn't even have to go in my house.

That said... My house isn't your house and I have no idea what you'll need.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:41 PM
The outside units for sure, but maybe the inside unit thing as well. We just had a guy here and he did everything outside, but another time the guy needed to be inside. And he went around each room to make sure the air vents were blowing cold after he was done. It just depends.
cali_gurl
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:41 PM

You never know. Just relax and let it go.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:42 PM
They may need to look at the air ducts. I am not sure where they would look for that. But I think it is really unlikely they will need to go into the bedrooms. Most likely they will need access to the units, the thermostats and the intake (where you replace the filters). You should be ok.

Good luck I hope they fix your A/C. It was 114 here today, I am praying ours makes it through this summer!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:42 PM
Doubtful. Ours had to, because he needed in the attic. The only access is in DS's room.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:43 PM
What would a duct issue cause? Our a.c. For the upstairs unit is running but the air isn't cold. It was working earlier today and then I noticed the house feeling warm a few hours ago. It's the same temperature air coming out of every vent upstairs.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Only if he suspects a duct issue. Dh is a tech.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)