Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any advice?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
I know ,I know cafemom isn't the best place to ask advice but I don't know what else to do. My son is 11 months and is breastfed. I'm a stay at home mom so he's around me ALL the time. I've tried leaving him with DH but as soon as he cries he looks at me and says "you're taking him with you right?" He also sleeps with me as he's refused to sleep anywhere else in the past 2 months. I've tried laying him in his bed or a pack and play for naps,that doesn't work. Try to lay him in his bed at night,nope,as soon as he realizes where he is he pitches a fit. How do I fix this ? He really needs to be in his own bed and spend a little less time with me
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:21 PM
I think he's old enough for cio otherwise put him I his crib and sit in the room where he can see you but don't interact or a knowledge him read a book or play on your phone
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this

You are just fucked until he is at least 2...............

prettymomma1204
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Just tell your husband that you need an hour to yourself each day. Period. You can't properly care for him and enjoy him if you don't do so for yourself. You will burn out.
armytriplets
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this
(Please research cio before you do it)

Does he have any time away from you like play group, church nursery etc? Short periods of time away help him learn that it is ok, mama is coming back.

When DH asks if you are taking him, firmly say "No, he needs daddy time" and walk out. No one wil die.

Instead of letting him sleep in your bed, sit next to his bed or lay down with him until he is almost asleep.

You can do this mama!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:31 PM
I'm already burnt out. I feed him,change him,care for him all day and night,bathe him. All my husband does is play with him

Quoting prettymomma1204: Just tell your husband that you need an hour to yourself each day. Period. You can't properly care for him and enjoy him if you don't do so for yourself. You will burn out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:32 PM
Nope,only time he's away from me is when I'm in the shower and I usually open the curtain to my husband and my son right there when I'm done

Quoting armytriplets: (Please research cio before you do it)

Does he have any time away from you like play group, church nursery etc? Short periods of time away help him learn that it is ok, mama is coming back.

When DH asks if you are taking him, firmly say "No, he needs daddy time" and walk out. No one wil die.

Instead of letting him sleep in your bed, sit next to his bed or lay down with him until he is almost asleep.

You can do this mama!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:33 PM

You leave him with your DH and go and put him in his own bed at night

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Well then at least I'm almost halfway there lol

Quoting Sassy762:

You are just fucked until he is at least 2...............

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:33 PM
You need to teach him he is Ok without you.
Start small 1/2 hour, then build from there.
Think of peek a boo. The point is to teach kids that just because you cant see it; it is still there.
You need to let him learn you will come back.
You need to be assuring him with your conviction that he is fine.
If your nervous he will be too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:34 PM
All he does is scream and cry in his crib. Last time he carried on for 45 mins

Quoting Anonymous 3:

You leave him with your DH and go and put him in his own bed at night

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)