Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do teachers do w all their time off in the summer?

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:20 PM
  • 37 Replies
This was my first year at a public school. I operated on a short term staff permit. So I don't make as much as a fully certificated teacher but will get paid til August which is a sweet deal. However beginning July and August my checks will be half what I made. Only two weeks into summer vacation, and I'm BORED to tears! I am a single mom and I had major car repairs so most my check will go towards bills and I'm flat broke and relying on savings right now til the 30 so I can't take a vacation yet. I know lots of teachers take vacations, but I know not all live glamorously and many struggle like I do especially if they have kids. So what are other teachers doing w all their time off? I currently am looking for another job out of sheer BOREDOM!
by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:21 PM

Do you teach third grade by any chance?

Trixie_dahl
by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

foltzy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:25 PM
Currently. We did a staycation. I have been hanging out with my kids and working on things for next school year. I am currently working on a new listening center for my preschoolers and am 61 books deep so far and many more to go. This will actually be an ongoing project. I have other things I will work on this summer for my classroom as well and I'll continue to hang out with my kids.
scorpiodragon
by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:25 PM

Get a second job to suppliment their income.

Attend workshops and classes to maintain their license/go to graduate school to get a master in teaching or a specialized field.

Plan lessons for the next school year. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:26 PM
I always had to work summers. I worked the front desk at a hotel. I needed the money.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:28 PM
My brother is a health/gym teacher. He works at a private school summer camp.
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:30 PM
Most have no choice but to work, unfortunately.
LightItUp
by RitatheGreat on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:30 PM
My sister is a teacher and for the summer she travels some and just enjoys more time to herself and hanging out with friends.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:30 PM
My husband teaches. We just chill, take a couple of long weekend trips, a few day trips, maybe an overnight trip or two. Go to the pool with the kids, watch a ton of Netflix, we love to try new recipes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:31 PM
Dead

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Do you teach third grade by any chance?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)