Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When to ask about pay rate.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
I live in WA state in my area minimum wage is $11.

I recently applied for a job(I already have one) as a lead 3/4 teacher(daycare) for a center in a major engineering company.
I received a call today to set up a phone interview, which will happen Wednesday.
This is the first job I've applied for that did not have the pay rate specified in the add. Im not sure when an appropriate time would be to ask this question and how to state it in a tactful way.

Does not having the pay rate specified indicate that they set pay based on experience?
I do have experiences as not only a lead 3/4 but also as an assistant director for a center, I have the required stars/merit certifications etc. I have some early childhood education, but put school on hold last semester.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:25 PM
During the face to face interview when you are asked if you have any questions. I always waited until the final interview.
That way I knew they were serious about employing me.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:26 PM

At the end of the interview

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:27 PM
They usually tell you when/if they make a job offer.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:27 PM
I always waited until they called to make an offer of employment. That is when I ask and negotiate.
SarahBethK
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:28 PM
I would ask them straight up. What if they only pay eight dollars? You would be wasting your time and theirs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:29 PM
When they make the offer they usually tell you, I think. So you will go through with the interview and then if they want to hire you they will make an offer to you and give you all the information. Sometimes they may tell you during the interview while going over the job description and things like that. I've always been told that you should not ask about the pay rate during the interview but I don't know if that's true or not.
EvasMommy326
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:29 PM
I was always advised to wait until the job offer. Usually they will tell you during the interview. Good luck!
K3412
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:30 PM
She could also throw away her chance at a $25 an hour job doing that. It's a risky move.

Quoting SarahBethK: I would ask them straight up. What if they only pay eight dollars? You would be wasting your time and theirs.
Marie207
by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:30 PM

He or she will tell you at the interview, if not, ask before you accept the job.

SarahBethK
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:31 PM
I don't think asking the pay rate of a job would cost her said job. It is a very valid question.

Quoting K3412: She could also throw away her chance at a $25 an hour job doing that. It's a risky move.

Quoting SarahBethK: I would ask them straight up. What if they only pay eight dollars? You would be wasting your time and theirs.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)