Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate this

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
Im guessing this is a problem steming from my depression...
I had long long hair..dowm to my butt, im 5'1.
I wouldnt take care of it if i wasnt going out. So for up to 5 days in a row i wouldnt do anything but throw it up in a bun. It took a good hour to brush so many knots out.
I got a hair cut. But now i dont want to shower. I KNOW I NEED TO i just think about how exhausting it is anf cant do it. But i absolutely have to shower and clean my whole body and wash hair if i ever step foot in public and that would be where the anxiety comes into play.
I plan to see a therapist end of the summer. The local ones are really bad and if i want to see a good one an hr away i need to get my drivers license and a car so that is the goal for the summer.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:35 PM

It is definitely from depression. I'm the same way, I have to force myself to shower at least every other day. It sucks. It's good to keep a goal though. It's helpful.

Chilebean2010
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:36 PM
Been there. Looooong hair &
Medical issues. Long hair is ALOT of work. Have you tried dry shampoo?
SarahBethK
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:38 PM
Maybe you could get a lift to a therapist?
I think if you are having trouble doing everyday functions then you might have really severe depression. It's probably best not to wait and make excuses to put it off.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:50 PM
My hair needs to be washed every other day.

Quoting Chilebean2010: Been there. Looooong hair &
Medical issues. Long hair is ALOT of work. Have you tried dry shampoo?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:50 PM
No. It is an excuse that the locap ones are shit ajd dont even help ? Seriously?

Quoting SarahBethK: Maybe you could get a lift to a therapist?
I think if you are having trouble doing everyday functions then you might have really severe depression. It's probably best not to wait and make excuses to put it off.
SarahBethK
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:53 PM
Well, I don't know, is it an excuse?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:55 PM
How many have you seen?

Quoting Anonymous 1: No. It is an excuse that the locap ones are shit ajd dont even help ? Seriously?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:56 PM
There are only 2 local.

Quoting Anonymous 3: How many have you seen?

Quoting Anonymous 1: No. It is an excuse that the locap ones are shit ajd dont even help ? Seriously?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:56 PM
No it absolutely is not

Quoting SarahBethK: Well, I don't know, is it an excuse?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:58 PM
Okay. How are you able to care for your child or children if this depression is so severe?

Quoting Anonymous 1: There are only 2 local.

Quoting Anonymous 3: How many have you seen?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)