Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding or indecent exposure? You decide!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 75 Replies
Okay I am all for bf. In even bf my children and covered up by choice. But what I just saw today I really don't think it was bf but indecent exposure!
Went shopping with dh and dd today at walmart. When I hear a child scream. I look down the aisle to see two very overweight women and a toddler looked like he was two. I was unfortunate to see one of the women lift her whole shirt up exposing both of her bra less breast. And her rolls. I mean you could see everything!
She picked up that toddler and cradled him like a baby and breastfed him all the while exposing her other breast and walking around like it was the most normal thing!
When you bf you don't need to expose your entire front. She might as well as not wore a shirt at all.
There is a fine line between bf and indecent exposure. So which one is this one?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chilebean2010
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:34 PM
It can always be done discreet. I was always able to. But theres going to be many who say "its normal"
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:34 PM
2 moms liked this
Ew. Come on ladies, we need to start representing our gender better.
thebadkitty
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think it's necessary to put on a show like some do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I would have left the store after I bought some bleach to wash my eyes out. **shudder**
belle2780
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:36 PM
Indecent exposure there are nursing tanks and tank tops with bras built in. I am heavy myself but found tanks with the bralette built in. I bf and formula fed but when I was nursing it was very convient to just take one side out and leave the other side covered until i needed to switch. Also I am all for extended breast feeding but at 2 years old I feel doesnt need to be done right in public like that, they should have snacks and food or pump into a sippy cup.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:37 PM

Quoting thebadkitty: I don't think it's necessary to put on a show like some do.
sheramom4
by Emerald Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:38 PM

As a PP said it is not necessary to put on a show while breastfeeding. And there are people who do in hopes someone will say something and they will get their 15 minutes of fame and to have something to create a news story about.

In this case I would say that the breast being used to feed is fine and everything else is indecent exposure or simply indecent and classless. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this
So your problem is that she was overweight? I don't find breasts to be indecent. We have laws though, and if a cop wanted to arrest her for indecent exposure that's the cops job. I really wouldn't have cared.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:40 PM
Here's something to think about; in many US states and I believe all of Canada, along with several other countries obviously, it is legal for a woman to go topless in public. Maybe not the norm, maybe not standard practice, but legal and not something that she can get in trouble for. Indecent exposure applies more to genitals.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jun. 19, 2017 at 11:40 PM

I'm far more concerned about your appalling grammar than your inconsequential opinion, honestly.

Is English not your first language?

Quoting Chilebean2010: It can always be done discreet. I was always able to. But theres going to be many who say "its normal"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)