Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who should be the one to stay home?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 225 Replies

If a Family reunion at Disney has been planned for almost 2 years, and an aunt has come down with shingles, and four of the kids are NOT vaccinated, who should be the one to stay home from the trip?

Can you legally make the aunt not come because she is a health hazard to the kids? Like I know I've seen where HIV and AIDS can be used in court as a "weapon".

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 13, 2017 at 2:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HartFullofChaos
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2017 at 2:47 PM
2 moms liked this
No you can not legally make her stay home lol
sheramom4
by Emerald Member on Jul. 13, 2017 at 2:48 PM
29 moms liked this

Why does anyone need to stay home? As long as she keeps the rash covered if it is still blistered and the kids aren't touching it it will be fine. She isn't a health hazard, nor is she using it as a weapon. You second paragraph is simply ridiculous. 

If these are your kids and you are concerned then keep your butt at home. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 13, 2017 at 2:48 PM
22 moms liked this

Well, she should stay home if she is contagious. But, with that being said, chances are the not vaccinated kids are going to run into more germs that just the sick aunt during the trip to Disney. If the parents are that worried about their kids being exposed to something, maybe they should do something to protect those kids instead of taking them to a cesspool of germs.

HartFullofChaos
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2017 at 2:49 PM
What stage is she in anyway?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 13, 2017 at 2:50 PM
11 moms liked this
She SHOULD stay home but the idiotic parent that didn't vaccinate their kids is also to blame
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 13, 2017 at 2:50 PM
13 moms liked this
There will be all sorts of germs, viruses and bacteria all over Disney. There will probably be peanut butter too. You can't force someone on house arrest because you didn't vax your kids. That's the risk you accept when you opt out. A weapon... really?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 13, 2017 at 2:51 PM
3 moms liked this

As long as she has a bandage over the shingles, it's fine. I worked with a lady who had shingles. I never got shingles. If she feels well enough to go on a trip then she's probably scabbed over and not any danger to your precious angels.

No, you cannot legally make her stay home. FFS.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jul. 13, 2017 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this
You're mentally unstable.
She's completely irresponsible.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 13, 2017 at 2:52 PM
3 moms liked this

I'm betting that if she feels well enough to travel, she's probably not contagious anymore unless OP can't stop her kids from picking the scabs and rubbing their faces all over them.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Well, she should stay home if she is contagious. But, with that being said, chances are the not vaccinated kids are going to run into more germs that just the sick aunt during the trip to Disney. If the parents are that worried about their kids being exposed to something, maybe they should do something to protect those kids instead of taking them to a cesspool of germs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jul. 13, 2017 at 2:53 PM
2 moms liked this
I would think anyone with shingles would be responsible enough not to go somewhere with a ton of kids. She's "Chickenpox Mary" as long as it's active.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)